2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 2 of 9

Well, you better not watch this Thread either - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 9th Jun, 2006 - 2:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »
This Thread is not for the weak or those that think they know about Football. This Thread is not for wimps or students. This Thread is for the true hardcore World Cup 2006 fan that means business! Rant on...
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2006 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 2

Please keep the Discussion based on Football, the players and the World Cup and not Politics or Terrorism which is widely discussed elsewhere in the Community.

Sponsored Links:
28th Mar, 2006 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Championship World Soccer

Here is an article that focuses on some of the security measures that will be taken during the upcoming World Cup tournament.

World Cup tickets to feature personalized information

FRANKFURT, Germany -- A Frankfurt court ruled Tuesday that security interests made personalized World Cup tickets necessary

A ticket holder filed a complaint requesting that his identity card number be removed from his World Cup ticket. But the Frankfurt district court ruled that such information was necessary to ensure security at the June 9-July 9 tournament.

The ruling said that identity card numbers were the ultimate proof of identity, especially because names and dates of birth could be misprinted on the tickets.

All World Cup tickets will bear such personalized information in an attempt to clamp down on scalping and hooligans

https://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9342758

This type of security is more for the ticket holder in terms of fraud and will serve to make ticketing at the games very lengthy and complicated. I thought it was interesting that FIFA said they would handle the ticketing in South Africa 2010, as they thought the Germans were making things too complicated.

28th Apr, 2006 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship Sports & Fashion Music Movies

For all those football nuts out there, let's start dissecting the 2006 World Cup.

What I want...

Who will win:

Who will choke:

Who will surprise:

Who will you adore:

Who will shine:

I want why with ever question and at the bottom and a general analysis of how you see the biggest sporting event on this planet unfold.

Guess who is going to the world cup? Yes, that's right, I have finally secured tickets. This means the absolute world to me. I have reported on an Olympic Games but my ultimate dream was always going to a world cup. Ok, it's not for an Australia game, rather my new adopted country, Sweden. They will play Paraguay in what should prove the deciding game for that group.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 28th Apr, 2006 - 2:14pm

29th Apr, 2006 - 4:36am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Championship World Soccer

What I want:
There are a lot of things that fall into this category. I want to see T&T win at least one game. I want to see the US reach the semi-finals. I want to see Italy in the finals again and not vs Brazil.

Who will win:
I don't think there is a team out there that can defeat Brazil.

Who will choke:
Sadly, I believe Italy will choke. Their style of football has deteriorated from offensive to defensive, and while there are benefits to this, the focus on scoring goals, and scoring more goals is sorely lacking.

Who will surprise:
One of the African teams will surprise many countries in the tournament. I think African football still is not getting the credit it deserves.

Who will you adore:
I am not sure what you are looking for here, but I will feel a lot of pride seeing T&T playing football in the World Cup for the first time. I felt a lot of pain in 1990 when they were one game away from qualifying. This is redemption.

Who will shine:
Germany, despite one of the poorest teams they have had in many years, will flourish at home in front of their adoring fans. The shine, however, will not last all the way to the Finals.

30th Apr, 2006 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

Championship World Soccer

What I want: Australia to qualify for the second round because once you are in the knock-out phase anything can happen.

Who will win: I should have changed this question to "Who can beat Brasil"

Who will choke: Italy should be the second best national team in the world if you look at their playing roster. I will also tip Germany to choke. I think this is one of the worst German teams in history. Sure, they have home ground advantage, Ballack and a very easy group. But against quality opposition it will be interesting to see how much influence the crowd will play. Argentina could also struggle in a tough group and might not get too many favours from the German crowd, but I hope they do well.

Who will surprise: I am not sure how strong the African nations are this time around, they are an unknown quantity and could surprise. I would also tip the Eastern European nations to ruffle a few feathers. I truly believe the Czech Republic can make the semi-finals.

Who will you adore: Last World Cup it was Senegal. I will adore any team that plays with their spirit and skill, it's refresehing to see footballers smiling all the time. Also look forward to watching Ronaldinho combine in midfield with Kaka.

Who will shine: Teams: Brasil will shine, on individual talent this team is second only to their 1970 side in my opinion. Players: Ronaldinho, Henry, Ballack, Gerrard, Schevchenko, Robinho, Nedved and Kewell.

9th Jun, 2006 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship

The World Cup begins today and I am excited to see the outcome of it all. I hope that all you Football fans will share your views!

The first matches (Group A):

Germany vs. Costa Rica

Poland vs. Ecuador

Who are you riding with?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jun, 2006 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship - Page 2

I'm going with the 2 UEFA teams for the opening matches. While I am not impressed with Germany, they will be too much for Costa Rica, and Ecuador will have their hands full with the team from Poland. If I had to pick and upset, I would pick Ecuador over Poland. I just don't see the host nation losing the first game of the tournament.

Offtopic but,
I have my DVR set up to record these games while I am at work, so I have to make a conscious effort not to watch any of the football sites, so I am surprised when I watch the games. Let the games begin!

9th Jun, 2006 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

2006 Soccer World Championship Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Well, you better not watch this Thread either because I will be updating here with thoughts and impressions as it happens. I am backing the underdogs in both matches... yes; Costa Rica and Ecuador! Nothing better than to watch an upset.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: 2006 Soccer World Championship

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,