Mexican Marriage

Mexican Marriage - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 31st May, 2005 - 2:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 28th May, 2005 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

Mexican Marriage

How much do you know about the Mexican marriage? Among other things after the actual ceremony and dancing takes place you have to 'donate' a numeric sum of money to the bride or groom if you want to dance with them. Usually the money in the form of a paper bill is stuck to them or placed under their belt, collar, etc. This is meant as a token or gift of money they will need for their marriage.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2005 - 7:30am / Post ID: #

Mexican Marriage
A Friend

Marriage Mexican

This sounds strangely like going to a strip club. But I suppose it would be a good way to get some money for the newly wed couple. But why not just give the money to them as opposed to paying for something?

31st May, 2005 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Mexican Marriage Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I have been to weddings in the US where the men pay $1.00 each to dance with the bride. I think, but I am not positive (it was a long time ago), that women also paid $1.00 to dance with groom. This money was then given to the bridal party. This was back in the '70's when the extra $100 was a lot of money. This sounds like a similar custom.

31st May, 2005 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Marriage Mexican

Yes, the custom sounds very similar to the 'dollar dance' that can be seen in many weddings here in the US. In fact, at my wedding, we did have such a dance. Basically, the bride and groom stand on the dance floor and people line up to dance with each one. They pay $1 to have the opportunity to dance with either the bride or groom. I have never been to a Mexican marriage myself, but would welcome the opportunity to attend one; especially for the food. drool.gif

> TOPIC: Mexican Marriage

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,