Celebrity Activism

Celebrity Activism - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2005 - 3:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Jun, 2005 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Celebrity Activism

This thread is designed to highlight "celebrity activism", or the acts of well known celebrities in either a political, humanitarian, or cultural sense. This can either be obviously good, obviously bad, or even neutral. Feel free to discuss the good or bad points as you see them.

I will start with this little item about Denzel Washington:
https://www.kimdutoit.com/ee/index.php/rant/single/amazing/

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

A great story. I wish more wealthy celebrities would do things like this.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jun, 2005 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Activism Celebrity

I agree that there have been many instances where celebrities have used their draw-power and wealth to fund some very worthy causes. The recent tsunamis in Asia is a good example of this. However, there are times where celebrities only seemed to be concerned about a certain medical condition or disease when they, or someone close to them, are afflicted by it. While this is human nature, I suppose, I am usually turned off by a celebrity suddenly becoming interested in breast cancer research because she has been diagnosed with it. This is just one of my pet peeves I guess, but, when you do sit down and investigate further, you realize that by them becoming interested in research and funding, it does help others.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

> TOPIC: Celebrity Activism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,