Handling Insurgents

Handling Insurgents - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Jun, 2005 - 12:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2005 - 10:25am / Post ID: #

Handling Insurgents

This thread is not about the Iraq War itself, it is merely a discussion on the correct way in dealing with insurgents. Look at the current way it is being handled by US / UK troops and then read below and give your opinion.

INSURGENTS WELL-FED, WELL-ARMED IN BUNKERS

Marines in Iraq have discovered a series of underground bunkers used by insurgents in western Iraq that show a sophisticated organization with a vast supply of weapons and enough confidence to operate near a major Marine base.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...39183%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2005 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Handling Insurgents
A Friend

Insurgents Handling

After reading the article and seeing the story on CNN, I was shocked at the preparedness that the insurgents are showing. The are in this for the long haul. I think that the only way to handle this is to negotiate and get them involved in the government. To that end, I don't know if there is a good way to do that. They are going to distrust the US to begin with or they wouldn't be insurgents. With the setup they have given themselves, they are not going to be able to be subdued in their own country.

11th Jun, 2005 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Handling Insurgents History & Civil Business Politics

Yes, and because they are in it for the long haul some bloggers are claiming that the new tactic is going to be allowing a civil war to happen and just let them kill each other without injuring more troops. Of course that is all high speculation, but it is the talk of the town so to speak.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: Handling Insurgents

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,