Briton Gary Mckinnon - Superhacker

Briton Gary Mckinnon Superhacker - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 19th Oct, 2008 - 1:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Briton Gary Mckinnon,Superhacker A British citizen that hacked most of the US' secure locations such as NASA and the US Military. The United Kingdom has refused to extradite him to stand trial in the US.
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2005 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

'Superhacker' faces extradition

A British man wanted in the United States for allegedly carrying out "The biggest military computer hack of all time" appears in court.

Gary McKinnon, 39, of north London faces extradition over claims he gained illegal access and made alterations to 53 U.S. Military and NASA computers over a 12-month period from 2001 to 2002.
Ref. Source

Briton Gary Mckinnon - Superhacker (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2005 - 9:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Superhacker Mckinnon Gary Briton

This should be used as a wake up call for our government to spend some cash on our governments security. It would be horrible to have our government secrets taken right out of our own computers because they dont have the best security that money can buy. With all the talk about national security you would think that they would start in their own house first.

11th Jun, 2005 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

Briton Gary Mckinnon - Superhacker Gaming Video & Issues Computer

You are quite right about this being a wake up call. Here in NZ on a documentary on TV they interviewed a kid who hacked into the telephone networks and changed peoples messages, listened in on politicians conversations and messages. Police never caught him but a rival phone company have hired him to improve their security system..what will they think of next..privacy no longer exists..security systems are now looked into...very easy to get pin numbers as most people use the same pin number for everything..we just have to be careful in this day and age!

17th Jan, 2006 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Computer security over the past years has come a very long way. Unfortunately it doesn't matter how fast we can secure a computer or how well it is secured there is always someone out there to show us something we have missed. I know this from personal experience in network security. Yet another government computer has been hacked. This time it was a Naval computer. The culprit was tracked back to Spain and is now in custody. Article is available here.

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2008 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Loses Appeal

Computer hacker Gary McKinnon loses his Lords appeal against an order to extradite him to the US.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2008 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I know that we want to have security on our computers to make it harder for hackers to get in. I think the Naval computer network plus any other government network needs to be a lot harder to break into than these people are making it seem. I guess hackers will always show us where we are lacking in computer security.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2008 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Briton Gary Mckinnon Superhacker

Wow you know, that is kinda amazing. Now, I think it is technically impossible to make anything Hack-proof. Now, I know this network is somehow connected to the internet because it allows easy transfer between different portals. But this doesn't amaze me too much that it was hacked, it was going to happen eventually. But the thing that does bother me is that 16 mile wide particle accelerator has been hacked into. My only question with that is why would something that can theoretically open up black holes connected to the internet?

19th Oct, 2008 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Briton Gary Mckinnon Superhacker Computer Issues & Video Gaming

The real amazing part is not that he got in, but they he stayed in for a whole year! What does that mean, important security systems around the world cold be hacked right now and we don't know it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Briton Gary Mckinnon - Superhacker

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,