China Gag The Internet - Page 5 of 6

Yeah right, they want to stop vulgarity. Its - Page 5 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 25th Dec, 2012 - 8:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Soon it will be illegal to even put up a blog or web site in China
Post Date: 11th Mar, 2011 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

China Gag The Internet - Page 5

'Virtual world' China's 'next battleground'

China's wary government is a world champion in internet censorship, but Communist Party leaders now want to master the trickier feat of actively shaping online opinion. Ref. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2011 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Internet Gag China

Analysis: China's microblog tiger

Mao Zedong famously said a single spark could start a revolutionary prairie fire. That fear is now driving his Communist Party successors to grapple with how to tame China's expanding legions of microbloggers. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 26th Oct, 2011 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

China Gag The Internet Gaming Video & Issues Computer

China vows stricter controls on social media

China will intensify controls of online social media and instant messaging tools, the ruling Communist Party said in an agenda-setting document that marks the government's highest-level reaction so far to the explosive growth of microblogs. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2012 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Internet Gag China

Chinese govt cracks down on social media sites

China is closing a dozen websites, penalising two popular social media sites and detaining six people for circulating rumours of a coup that rattled Beijing in the midst of its worst high-level political crisis in years. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 1st May, 2012 - 9:31am / Post ID: #

Internet Gag China

China Blacks Out Media on Chen Guangcheng, Censors Internet

China's state-run media has said absolutely nothing about the daring escape Chen Guangcheng made from his house arrest, where family planning and Communist Party officials had kept him detained at home for exposing forced abortions.

As one web site notes, Chinese people are taking to microblogs and using language without key words Chinese officials might spot in order to keep each other informed. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2012 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

China Gag The Internet
A Friend

China Gag The Internet

Gee, as a person living behind "The Great Firewall of China", I must say it is very frustrating, especially for a person like me who is interested in using foreign sites and services. This usually means using a proxy to access sites like Facebook (thankfully I found a free one). Also, sometimes Google searches do not work properly in China. I don't know why. Sometimes when I am searching for something that isn't offensive politically in any way, I still get blocked.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Dec, 2012 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

China Gag Internet - Page 5

China may force real names on internet

China may require internet users to register with their real names when signing up to network providers, state media said, extending a policy already in force with microblogs in a bid to curb what officials call rumors and vulgarity. Ref. Source 8

25th Dec, 2012 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

China Gag Internet Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 5

Yeah right, they want to stop vulgarity. Its more like they want to track political views because if you're real name is there you're less likely to have an opinion about the government.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: China Gag The Internet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,