Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 3 of 6

Kyrroeth, It really depends on what bears - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Feb, 2017 - 9:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Best of  Bear Attack,Surviving Bear Attacks Bears can look all cuddly but they can cause a lot of destruction and take human life in the process.
11th Oct, 2015 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 3

Interesting. I would have to see how that worked because you risk the animal biting your arm or hand right off. I would just go for the eyes.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks
A Friend

Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

I would just stand up and pox the bear paw to paw. I am a big guy and I am not afraid of a bear. I do know that fighting a bear is not the best solution but most bears will chose flight to fight. The best thing is to be big and intimidating to the bear. The only time this will not work is if it is a female bear with cubs nearby. IF this is the case be stock still and make no movement towards the cubs. If you are non threatening you will be able to walk away with your life.
Always I can not stress it enough ALWAYS be aware of where you are and your surroundings no matter where you are and your chances of surviving anything will improve.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks History & Civil Business Politics

Bears. I hope to never encounter one in the wild. There are different ways to handle them according to the bear type. So if you do encounter a bear make sure you know what type. With grizzlies you can play dead if nothing else. They might bat you around a little but then they would leave you alone. This wouldn't work with black bears. They would just eat you.

Bears are difficult to deal with. You can't outrun them. Climbing a tree doesn't really help unless you like fighting bears in trees. I guess it's like the old joke. If you and your friend run into a bear you don't have to outrun the bear. You just need to outrun your friend *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 21st Feb, 2017 - 3:22pm

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

Yes different bears act differently. This is why I will stand up and growl at the bear make myself look bigger to see if they will back down and leave. IF not well I pack a gun so if it comes to that I will end up killing the bear. I would hope it does not come to that though as I dislike killing if I can help it.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

As KN said, one has to be aware at all times. Make a lot of noise because bears tend to shy away from humans. Even large bears in the western states, grizzlies, tend to stay away from us because we aren't their normal food supply and they have come to associate humans with being higher in the chain thanks to guns and hunting. That said, a starving bear will attack. More likely still, if you get between a bear and her cubs watch out. She will move heaven and earth to get to you. And if it is a grizzly or a large Alaskan brown bear I quite literally mean moving earth. Best bet is to curl up, hide your vitals and face with your arms and legs, play dead and hope it isn't a starving bear. They probably will not bite your arm clean off but they will chew you up good and proper and break a few bones.

Rather off topic, but...
So, I read a few people say they hope they never see a bear in the wild. The greatest hunting experiences of my life happened without me ever taking a shot. The first was in CA at Camp Hunter Liggett when I was hunting wild boar. My friend and I were looking for movement when he had me look through my scope at a ridgeline across from us. I couldn't believe my eyes. I said, "Ken, it a cat." He said, "Huh." I said it's a cougar. There in the wild. We both glassed over and watched the cougar walk along the ridge until it was gone, put our rifles down, and just talked about that for the rest of the day." The next was in TN out turkey hunting and I came across a black bear. We looked at each other for a few seconds, I came to my senses and made noise, a lot of noise. He took off like a bolt and after my hands stopped shaking I went back to the truck and just marveled at how magnificent a creature he was.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I watched a movie called Backcountry based off a real bear attack by a black bear. It was a terrifying experience and I recommend the movie just to see a bear attack. That was just a black bear which are small compared to grizzlies etc. I wonder about wearing bells as they recommend out in bear country. You aren't supposed to surprise them. I don't want the bear knowing where I am. Some bears might hear those bells and think " dinner time".

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bear Attack Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 3

I think you need to take someone with you when you go hiking or in the back country areas so you will not become bear food. Having bear spray may help. I know that many black and brown bears can be scared off by making noise. The main thing is make noise most bears will leave humans alone.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bear Attack Surviving Bear Attacks Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Kyrroeth,

It really depends on what bears we are talking about. Black bears are very skittish and we are decidedly above the food chain to them. They will run rather than fight 95 times out of a 100. It's just incredibly bad luck if you happen to be one of those 5 out of a 100. That is, unless you get between a sow and her cubs… that's always bad juju. For grizzlies and brown bears, things are different. I don't think they'd think dinner time… but an 800lbs to 1500lbs animal may not care what I think. undecided.gif.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,