Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 4 of 6

Knowing the anatomy of most creatures will - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Best of  Bear Attack,Surviving Bear Attacks Bears can look all cuddly but they can cause a lot of destruction and take human life in the process.
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks
A Friend

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 4

That's very true. I'm wondering how effective bear spray is. Do you spray it then run for civilization? I can't see it stopping a bear for too long. I carry it and have wondered. I'm sure it wasn't tested on bears during development *smile*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

That I do not know That is why I said take someone with you. That way you can try your other method of running faster than the other person. To get away from the bear. I guess you will have to look it up on the internet to see how effective bear spray towards bears.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks History & Civil Business Politics

Very true KN. I have to be selective in who I take with me. It must be someone that I can outrun otherwise it does me no good *wink*.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

Kyrroeth,

I'm in KC on a business and I'm in my hotel room and I have to think that the people in the room door thought I was a nut when I read your post I laughed so loud. Yes, find either find yourself an old, slow guy to hike with or get really good at tripping people as you turn to run. That last may be the most important tactic to learn when hiking in bear country!

22nd Feb, 2017 - 10:26am / Post ID: #

Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

Why would you even want to go hiking in a place known to have bears. It might be good to just carry a firearm in case.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Because some of those places are the most beautiful places in North America. I mean, we are talking about places like the Shenandoah, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Big Bend, most of Alaska, and most of Maine. They have incredible beauty and they are incredibly well stocked with other wildlife to see. We are talking about migrating salmon, moose, elk, white tailed and mule deer, eagles, antelope, and so much more. Yes there is danger but for many people the beauty makes it worth the risk and for some the risk is part of the allure.

As for having a gun, it would probably be a pistol if you were hiking to keep the weight down. That would work for a black bear if it is powerful enough. You'd need at least a .357 and probably a .44 or .45 would be better. For the west though a pistol may not be enough. Sure, it could be enough but in some cases it'll just make them madder. In Alaska its even more problematic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Bear Attack Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 4

Unless you are a good shot and can aim for the head then it will bring it down.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bear Attack Surviving Bear Attacks Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Knowing the anatomy of most creatures will help you get a good shot in. I carry a .40 and I am a very good shot. I seldom miss what I am aiming for. If I was to go to Alaska I would be carrying my hi-powered rifle along with me. I do not always take chances.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,