Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 5 of 6

Trying to take a selfie next to a bear? Really - Page 5 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Jun, 2018 - 9:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Best of  Bear Attack,Surviving Bear Attacks Bears can look all cuddly but they can cause a lot of destruction and take human life in the process.
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks
A Friend

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 5

Bounty,

That is what a lot of people think, but in the case of grizzlies and brown bears their skulls are so thick that the bullet would more than likely just enter the scalp, travel around the skull, and exit somewhere, giving the bear a heck of a headache and a cool scar he could talk to his bear friends about. This is especially true if we are talking about a pistol. A high powered rifle would be a different story, but you might not have the time to use a rifle. For a big grizzly or brown the best pace to hit them is where the neck and should meet and pray you don't hit bone. If you hit it there you'll puncture a lung and possibly hit the heart, eventually bringing it down.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

It's as Abnninja said. I live in Colorado. Over half the state is considered being in the black bear range. Black bears sometimes will show up in small towns digging through trash. Unless you live in an urban area you just never know if you might run into one in the western half of the state.Then there are just so many beautiful places to hike where bears could live. I'm not really a firearm type person so I rely on bear spray and being cautious. .

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Feb, 2017 - 3:23pm

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks History & Civil Business Politics

Someday I plan to visit the states of Colorado and Utah. Those are the only two states west of the Mississippi I have to visit. I would want to hike around some in the back country so I would want to make sure I have my firearm with me. I am one that does not fear wildlife as I know that I am in their territory. I try to leave nature alone and if the bears leave me alone we will have no issues. I know that seeing a bear from afar but in person would be a grand memory. Seeing a bear close up is something I would not go seek out. Same with a cougar, Elk, Eagles and other wildlife. I would love to take some nice photographs of the wildlife to include bears but from afar not close. I do plan to be prepared in case of a personal confrontation with a bear.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

Yes, being prepared is always the key. And in truth there are other animals out there that are just as dangerous. I've heard stories of people look at elk and think, oh what a beautiful deer, like Bambi. Let me go pet it… and then end up with an antler through their lungs. Elk are incredibly territorial and we are a threat. At certain times of the year moose can be very dangerous too, as can a regular while tailed deer if they feel like you are threatening them. Any time an animal feels threatened they go into defense mode. They defend themselves from a cougar, a bear, or you if act in a way they see as threatening. They don't call them wild animals for nothing.

Post Date: 6th May, 2018 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Attacks Bear Surviving Attack Bear

Mauled to death taking selfie. A MAN who tried to take a photo alongside a bear has been mauled to death in front of terrified onlookers. Source 1h.

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2018 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

'Aggressive' bear likely killed Alaskan hiker and mauled search party member, police say. A brown bear that killed a hiker outside Anchorage, Alaska may be the same animal that mauled another person who was looking for the missing man, police said. The body of hiker Michael Soltis was discovered Wednesday after a member of a search party Source 1b.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jun, 2018 - 9:33am / Post ID: #

Bear Attack Surviving Bear Attacks - Page 5

Bears aren't usually aggressive unless they are awoken or feel threatened. Maybe they were close to the bear's cubs.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 25 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.5%

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2018 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bear Attack Surviving Bear Attacks Politics Business Civil & History - Page 5

Trying to take a selfie next to a bear? Really people get a clue and leave wildlife alone. A bear can hurt you bad as can a elk, deer, or other wildlife. You want a selfie with one go to a zoo where you can be behind glass or something else so they can not harm you. People need to learn that bears and other things put in the wild should be given a wide space.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Bear Attack - Surviving Bear Attacks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,