Making Them Buy

Making Buy - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 3rd Jul, 2005 - 7:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Using science
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2005 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Making Them Buy

MARKETERS TRY HIGH-TECH TOOL TO PUSH BRAIN'S 'BUY BUTTON'

Marketers are trying to use brain scans to convince consumers to buy their product, although scientists say the approach may not be ready to be applied.
Ref.
https://www.cbc.ca/story/science/national/2...ting050613.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2005 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

Making Them Buy
A Friend

Buy Making

The last thing I need in this life is to have someone figure out just how to push the right button to get me to buy something I don't need. I also agree with the ethics people that this could be used to convince people to buy products that are harmful and dangerous to society. I really think that this is an area that needs to be left alone. But its all about money, and if big companies can figure out how to get more of it out of my paycheck, they will do it.

3rd Jul, 2005 - 7:08am / Post ID: #

Making Them Buy History & Civil Business Politics

This reminds of the subliminal advertising that was outlawed decades ago! It should be illegal to use technology specifically to influence how people think or behave. Advertisers should tell us about the product -- not manipulate us into buying it.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

> TOPIC: Making Them Buy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,