In All Honesty...

In Honesty - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Jun, 2005 - 4:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2005 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

In All Honesty...

"In the eyes of empire builders men are not men but instruments"
-- Napoleon Bonaparte: French Emperor (1769-1821)

Humans sometimes like to believe something that may not necessarily be the truth, but they are comforted in their belief anyway so that they can feel better in their position. In all honesty do you think at your work place you are truly seen as an individual or just part of a collective meant for the purpose of profit - the underlying cause of all business.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2005 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

In All Honesty...
A Friend

Honesty In

Offtopic but,
I don't want to attribute a meaning which the author didn't intend but I thought the following quote was very interesting considering that it's in a forum which is used mainly by people of faith.
Humans sometimes like to believe something that may not necessarily be the truth, but they are comforted in their belief anyway so that they can feel better in their position.

I work for a large organisation, and do sometimes feel like a 'cog in the machine'.

I have had some personal problems recently that have affected my performance at work. My employer has been sympathetic and bent over backwards to accommodate me, while at the same time making sure that I know my job is at risk.

I feel that the sympathy and 'understanding' is engendered by 'policy'. There is always a feeling that the organisation is 'covering itself'. I have never felt that there has been any genuine concern for my situation, just a corporate desire to be seen to do the right thing.

> TOPIC: In All Honesty...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,