Plane Crashes - Page 7 of 20

QUOTE (JB @ 4-Jun 09, 3:55 PM) I also wonder - Page 7 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Jun, 2009 - 4:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (20) »

This thread lists them (a plane crash news report) as they happen.
3rd Jun, 2009 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Plane Crashes - Page 7

This could have been a terrorist attack. Air France actually got a call about a bomb on an Air France plane that was coming from Buenos Aires sometime (days) before this Brazil flight.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jun, 2009 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Crashes Plane

I was just thinking that. The point is that I do not know why they rejected the idea from day one if until now they have no clue what was the cause of the crash.

3rd Jun, 2009 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Plane Crashes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Maybe they want to avert fears. Saying that a plane was brought down because of a terrorist attack causes all kinds of panics around the world. Plus, I guess no one has come forward to 'claim' it as a terrorist attack which they usually do since terrorists like the exposure.

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2009 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Plane Crashes
A Friend

Page 7 Crashes Plane

usually even in a bomb attack the pilots have enough time to get a distress call out. I do not know the wreckage was spread over three miles? That is a pretty big debris field.

4th Jun, 2009 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Crashes Plane

The new theory about this crash is that the plane imploded before it ever touched the water. The Brazilian Navy is now within range to start searching the bottom of the ocean.

4th Jun, 2009 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Plane Crashes

Newest theories are a mid air stall as they were going through severe turbulence. This sounds likely, but for the sake of the passengers and all on the plane I hope it was not the case. Here are the last communications with the pilot or messages automatically emitted from the plane:

At 11 p.m. (10 p.m. EDT), pilot Marc Dubois sent a manual signal saying he was flying through an area of "CBs" -- black, electrically charged cumulonimbus clouds that carry violent winds and lightning.

Satellite data show that the thunderheads -- towering up to 50,000 feet -- were sending 100 mph updrafts into the jet's flight path.

"Such an updraft would lead to severe turbulence for any aircraft," AccuWeather said.

"In addition, the storms were towering up to 50,000 feet and would have been producing lightning. The Air France plane would have encountered these stormy conditions, which could have resulted in either some structural failure or electrical failure."

At 11:10 p.m., a cascade of horrific problems began.

Automatic messages relayed by the jetliner indicate the autopilot had disengaged, suggesting Dubois and his two co-pilots were trying to thread their way through the dangerous clouds manually.

A key computer system had switched to alternative power and controls needed to keep the plane stable had been damaged.

An alarm sounded, indicating the deterioration of flight systems.

At 11:13 p.m., more automatic messages reported the failure of systems to monitor air speed, altitude and direction. Control of the main flight computer and wing spoilers also failed.

The last automatic message, at 11:14 p.m., indicated complete electrical failure and a massive loss of cabin pressure -- catastrophic events, indicating that the plane was breaking apart and plunging toward the ocean.

I don't even want to imagine what it would have been like to be on that plane and I fly a lot.

Source 8

Also, Airbus has notified pilot flying the plane about the possibility of stalling.

Source 4

The article states that the series of events from the flight that downed off of Brazil match pretty well with a mid air stall. It is common to slow the plane down when you go through bad weather such as there was that day. Unfortunately, the design of the plane is such that if you slow down too much (as with all planes, but might happen at even higher speeds with this design) but yet as fast as with other planes...this one might stall.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Jun, 2009 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Plane Crashes - Page 7

Some engineers were discounting that the plane's systems could fail so abruptly because the plane was essentially 'lightning proof' and had a sound record for handling storms. Of course without the black box it is all speculation. I do find it strange the plane's systems would just fail within a short period of time. I also wonder why they would chose to fly through such storms, is that common procedure?

4th Jun, 2009 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Plane Crashes Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 7

QUOTE (JB @ 4-Jun 09, 3:55 PM)
I also wonder why they would chose to fly through such storms, is that common procedure?

Hi Jb, I read that the area is known for storms and experienced pilots never go through the storm itself but they find ways to go around it and they know for a fact the pilot would not have been so silly as to go through it knowing there is other way.

> TOPIC: Plane Crashes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,