Muslim World Isn't Big With USA Students - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE Many, of not most, of the countries - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Dec, 2005 - 9:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
30th Nov, 2005 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

Muslim World Isn't Big With USA Students - Page 2

Islamic countries I wouldn't have a problem studying in: Malaysia, Indonesia, UAE, Albania, Bosnia, Azerbaijan, Brunei, Kuwait, Jordan, Kyrgyztan, the Maldives, Turkey, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.

There are also several African countries which I would look more into the situation like Morrocco and Egypt.

As LDS mentioned, political tensions are the reasons why the Middle East is in such disarray. It is not Islam. Do we blame Christianity for all the problems that occur in the US or Catholicism for problems in South America etc? Of course not.

I see that EVERY country and culture that is dominated by Islam is harsh, dangerous, intolerant, abusive towards women, abusive towards other religions, and generally not nice places to live.

I have lived in Malaysia, a staunch Islamic country. The people are beautiful, tolerant and certainly not abusive towards women. It's not dangerous either. While I am not religious, my family are Sikh, attend temples and have never been the subject of religious oppression.

I would also like to read the verses of the Koran where it encourages people to be abusive and violent towards other people and especially woman. Could you post a link to that passage?

Sponsored Links:
30th Nov, 2005 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Students USA Big Isnt World Muslim

I would also like to read the verses of the Koran where it encourages people to be abusive and violent towards other people and especially woman. Could you post a link to that passage?

I don't know of any. But many of the most oppressive countries and cultures in the world right now are Muslim. The most restrictive and abusive cultures in the world towards women are Muslim. Please explain to me where these things come from?

It ISN'T just the Middle East. In Bosnia, the Muslims have been systematically destroying ancient Christian shrines and churches. In Malaysia and Indonesia, there are Muslim groups going around and murdering Christians and destroying Christian churches. Many, of not most, of the countries you mentioned, have official double standards for Muslims and Christians.

In Egypt, Coptic Christians are systematically being destroyed, using government resources. Jews are not welcome or allowed in Egypt.

Throughout the Muslim world, the horrible Blood Libels are being waged against Jews, including the great Damascus Blood Libel, that claims that Jews kidnap Muslim children and drain their blood for use in holy day pastries. The blood libels are frequently published in official newspapers.

Do you really doubt that US students are not really thrilled with the idea of living in some of these countries? After all, that is what this topic is really about, isn't it.

1st Dec, 2005 - 9:59am / Post ID: #

Muslim World Isn't Big With USA Students UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Many, of not most, of the countries you mentioned, have official double standards for Muslims and Christians.

Not true. I know Malaysia very well, I visit it frequently. The native Malayan population are certainly given concessions, but they are not all Muslim. It's similar to Indigenous Australians being given a helping hand here. I think you have been misinformed.

Malay muslims do no treat women badly, nor do Indonesian muslims. Never met a European, Indian or Pakistani muslim who behaved in this way either. Did Mohammad Ali beat up his wife?

And I haven't heard of any incidents of churches burning in SE Asia. If it has happened it certainly isn't a common theme. Well I'm sure the Bosnians and Albanians have had more than their fare share of violence thrown back at them by guess who, Christians! But religions all over the world fight amongst each other.

Look at how Catholicism has destroyed most of the world through colonisation and ethnic cleansing. Historically speaking they are the worst offenders. Christians and Jews are by no means innocent in these religious wars. And there are several verses of the bible that are very violent in nature if you want to take a literal interpretation.

My point is nighthawk, you are equating religion and culture as the same thing. A religion can be part of someone's culture, but it never defines culture. The Arabs who mistreat women don't do it because of religion. It is because of their culture. Why do you think there is such a vast difference between the way Arab Muslims behave and Asian Muslims? How can you explain that with religion?

If US students don't want to study in these countries it is not because of the religion of the country. It has more to do with political tensions, and most importantly, the education on offer.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 1st Dec, 2005 - 10:05am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Muslim World Isn't Big With USA Students

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,