LinkTV

Linktv - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 6:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Activist television
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2005 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

LinkTV
A Friend

LinkTV

I am heartened by the LinkTV broadcast program Democracy Now! with Amy Goodman. I can better understand how the rest of the world views the U.S., and more importantly, am assured that there are many U.S. citizens who are interested in hearing the truth of our impact on the world. I'm not interested in U.S. popularity, I just want to be connected to a news source that collaborates with journalists from all countries. You can find out where this program is broadcasting in your area by going to LinkTV.org.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jun, 2005 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

LinkTV

I went and looked that website for LinkTV, as well as the Democracy Now website. Right now, I am listening to an hour of it from today.

Click here for more info about the show.

I may have more to offer after listening to at least part of the show.

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 21st Jun, 2005 - 11:06pm

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

LinkTV
A Friend

LinkTV Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Just for instance, Democracy Now! was covering the Downing Street Memo weeks before any other news stations. They are definitely working on a shoe-string budget, which is refreshing. No glitz, just the truth from ordinary citizens and uninbedded journalists.

22nd Jun, 2005 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

LinkTV

I didn't listen to a full hour of the show, online, but it was interesting. As far as I could tell, it was a well organized, well directed news show. However, it does appear to lean extremely heavily to the Left. Based on what I read on the website, as well as how the news was presented in the show, it appears that the anchor and everyone else involved is hostile towards President Bush and any conservative agenda.

With that in mind, one of the chief claims of the show is that it shows how US actions impact people around the world.

In your opinion, how much of the impact that the show reports is positive? 50%? 40%? 5%?

So, since one of the major claims of the Left right now is that there is essentially NO positive impact on people around the world from US actions, what does the attitude of DemocracyNow have to say about its political bias?

Again, I was impressed that the show seemed as professional as a broadcast of NPRs Morning Edition.

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

LinkTV
A Friend

LinkTV

I have been watching Democracy Now! for about six months. I'm not well grounded in political history, but I would say that the programming and interviews reveal that the United States uses its powers to both promote and restrict individual freedoms. At the same time, I'm sure my dad, a Korean vet and "America can do no wrong" citizen, would have a heart attack if he watched the program.

Recently Amy Goodman interviewed a Pakistanian woman who was gang-raped for an alleged crime committed by her 12-year old brother. The woman had been invited to visit the U.S. to tell her story, but her government confiscated her visa. At least she could tell her story via Democracy Now!

Other programs have highlighted the life of Marla Ruzicka, author John Perkins who extracted himself from the business of "economic hitman," (that is, setting up Latin American countries to become indebted to the US). They archive their programming, so a discriminating reader could see the liberal slant.

I'm relieved to not have to listen to advertising or corporate sponsorship promotions in between the news, and I just like Amy...plain and passionate Amy.

> TOPIC: LinkTV

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,