Helpful In Crisis

Helpful Crisis - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 5:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: Of the following which one will you find yourself the MOST helpful?
  Someone needs CPR       18.18%
  Someone is choking on a prune       27.27%
  Someone is drowning       0.00%
  Someone is stuck in quicksand       0.00%
  Someone just suffered a serious oil burn       18.18%
  Someone was just hit by a car       9.09%
  Someone just broke their ankle       0.00%
  Someone is being mugged by three men       9.09%
  Someone's house is on fire       9.09%
  Someone is being attacked by a bear       9.09%
Total Votes: 11
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 23rd Jun, 2005 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Helpful In Crisis

Of the list above which one will you find yourself the most helpful? Often humans react based on experience and knowledge when there is a surprise situation, see how you would react as you select which one you will be most knowledgable to assist in. You may also state which one you would be the LEAST helpful in and how you might better prepare if you were to find yourself in that situation.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2005 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Helpful In Crisis
A Friend

Crisis Helpful

Funny enough, I have burned myself so many times that I am very comfortable treating burns on both myself and others. The biggest mistake people make is putting ANY oil based substance on a burn to sooth it. Grease breeds bacteria in a wound and essentially makes it worse. The best thing to do it run it under cold cold water for a long time. Then put some anti-bacterial cream on it if you have it, then wrap it in a clean cloth to prevent infection. Most people don't realize that infection is the biggest problem with burns, not the actual burn damage itself. Skin protects from infection, when a burn damages that protection, you are very open to infection.

26th Jun, 2005 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

Helpful In Crisis History & Civil Business Politics

I believe I could be the biggest help with someone choking. For example, I know to do nothing at all if they are making noise. It takes air to make noise. If they are making noise, my attempts at dislodging the substance could actually make the blockage complete rather than help. If someone is making no noise, they are getting no air. I would use the heimlich maneuver.

My second help area would be CPR. I was trained in the Marine Corps to administer this and then again later I got certified. I have let the certification lapse. I am not sure I know the prescribed number of chest compressions to breaths, but I think if no one else was their to help, I would do more good than harm.

I would be least helpful in a mugging attempt.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

2nd Jul, 2005 - 5:32am / Post ID: #

Crisis Helpful

I could do very well with a burn, and perhaps with a broken bone I would be of some help. However, I've never been certified in CPR, and I would be absolutely useless against muggers, bears, and quicksand. I do tend to keep a "cool head" and not panic in emergencies, and that's helpful in any situation.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

> TOPIC: Helpful In Crisis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,