Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

?
Poll: On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you rely on Pawns for your winning game?
  10 - rely the most       0.00%
  9       0.00%
  8       16.67%
  7       33.33%
  6       33.33%
  5 - just as much as anyone       0.00%
  4       0.00%
  3       16.67%
  2       0.00%
  1 - hardly even touch my pawns       0.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2005 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Pawns

Pawns

Pawns may seem to be the least of the armada on a chess board, but they are quite essential in both defense, attack and later to become a queen. What are your thoughts on the use of pawns? Do you think pawns should remain at bay while Knights, Bishops and Rooks do all the work or should they constantly be pushed forward?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2005 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Pawns
A Friend

Pawns

When I play chess, my pawns are sacrificial. I use them to force more important pieces into bad moves. In fact, I don't hold any piece as sacred. Every piece on the board is there to sacrifice to the ends of the game. If sacrificing my queen gets me closer to checkmate, then I will sacrifice it without a second glance. When you get too attached to a particular piece, you work at protecting it instead of capturing the king. Of course, you have to protect your king though.

21st Dec, 2005 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Pawns Reviews RPG & Card Board

In the beginning pawns are as deadly as other high point pieces for me, but in the end game if I can I am aiming for checkmate so I do not really consider them unless I need to progress one towards queen.

21st Dec, 2005 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Pawns

Pawns are one of the most used pieces for me when I play chess. As they do work very well for frontal attack as well as used for an occasional suicide with a motive. But...

QUOTE (JB)
but in the end game if I can I am aiming for checkmate so I do not really consider them

This JB is one of the more crucial times to use them. A pawn can be used as a wall of sorts to prevent moves that the king can move to avoid a mate as well as be obstacles for your opponent to overcome in order to move a piece to protect their king. They are very useful in my game to perform in the process of a check mate.

21st Dec, 2005 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

Pawns

QUOTE (Bwren)
A pawn can be used as a wall of sorts to prevent moves that the king can move to avoid a mate

Oh certainly, I agree, I was mentioning that if I can mate with higher point pieces first for speed then I would rather do this than try to get a pawn up to square 5 or 6 before it entraps a king or otherwise.

Post Date: 10th May, 2009 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

Pawns
A Friend

Pawns

The pawn is used for dominating the middle board in the opening.
Also for gaining territory and putting pressure on larger pieces.
It can be very difficult to defend against a number of passed pawns in the end game, if they are defended by larger pieces such as rooks the game can be over.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th May, 2009 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Pawns

I used to have a Chess Teacher that said "When in doubt, push a pawn".

> TOPIC: Pawns

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,