Travel Accidents

Travel Accidents - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Jun, 2005 - 6:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Watch out for that flying briefcase!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2005 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Travel Accidents

FALLING LUGGAGE IN PLANE CAUSES SERIOUS INJURY

Doctors' College head Karen Thomas suffered a serious head injury when a briefcase fell from an overhead locker during a domestic Air New Zealand flight.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3325923a34~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2005 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Travel Accidents
A Friend

Accidents Travel

Normally this kind of thing doesn't interest me at all. But I was on a plane heading into Dallas for some training when I got smacked on the head with a powerful suit case. The suit case was stored in the over head compartments and was being used for carrying samples of bricks (pre 911). Well it fell on me and about knocked me out! People should really be more careful when storing suit cases and the like.

27th Jun, 2005 - 12:12pm / Post ID: #

Travel Accidents Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Wow, you did not need stitches? In a case like that, who is at fault... the airline for not checking to ensure it is stowed away properly or the owner of the suit case?

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2005 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Travel Accidents
A Friend

Accidents Travel

It seems like flight attendants always run through a set of procedures that usually ensure all the overhead compartments are closed properly. I think in this case, since it was another passenger opening the compartment, they should have exercised more caution when opening the compartment door. Every time I get up to get bags out of the overhead, I am always careful because I know things have shifted and may fall out. I'm assuming the airline would be held responsible, if she initiated suit.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2005 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Travel Accidents
A Friend

Accidents Travel

I also had somthing like this hapen to me on a trip back from france, another pasenger opend the overhead campartment and grabed a bag wich draged another along with it letting it land squarly on my head. It took 6 stitches but after a few days I recived a voucher for a free ticket so it was almost worth it

> TOPIC: Travel Accidents

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,