[medieval] Scout - Page 9 of 14

Magsley replies to Wanderer, "No meat - Page 9 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 19th Jan, 2007 - 1:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 14 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (14) »
Closed
Medieval GM posts story here. The Village Elders are in need of a small party to check the South East for a mysterious occurrence of large fires that have been happening recently within that area.
16th Jan, 2007 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout - Page 9

The Game Master says...

Time passes...

In The Village a new small group of inexperienced adventurers is formed. They make a small plan amongst themselves. It is near evening time now and you have found that this day is lost.

GM: Say what you will do now. It is good to see this adventure restart again. Let's hope your decisions are both wise and prudent. Please make good use of multi-tasking when posting Party Order - Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
16th Jan, 2007 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

It is night...

Daphne goes to the Tavern in the Village to call Wanderer. Upon arrival she sees her at a table drinking a mug of ale with her left hand as though she has no care while with her right arm she is wrestling some of the other men folk around in easy fashion. To your amazement with her casual attitude she is winning!

You go over to her and announce your readiness to which she replies,

"Ahhhh... if it ain't the wench with the mouth of a viper"

She then slams the hand of her last opponent to the table and continues,

"I be at the Southern part of the Village tomorrow fer sunrise, be there, be ready, I venture not at this hour, I am not related to vampires or wolves..."

She then hiccups and staggers out of the Tavern.

GM: Say what you will do now.

16th Jan, 2007 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Daphne reports her encounter with Wanderer.

The next morning still shows a bright lit night from both moons. Before the break of sun over the horizon you are already assembled in the Southern part of the Village. You are amazed to find that Wanderer is already there despite her ale drawn face from yesterday.

She sees you coming and says,

"Ye be as those who slumber or have no care, how long will ye keep me waiting?"

She then looks over you and your equipment and says,

"What know ye of the South and the course we should take?"

GM: 5:00am - What will you do now?

17th Jan, 2007 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

Magsley asks Wanderer of her knowledge and map making abilities to which she replies,

"I know what I need to know and it is sufficient for my needs."

Magsley pays scout 25 gp and when turning to Daphne to obtain 5 gp for Scout's services, she discovers that she has no gold on her.

GM: This has been deducted, but Party stats will not show it yet. You still have 5gps outstanding.

Scout looks at Daphne with a raised brow, but says nothing.

Magsley starts administering daily the potions from the Snake Venom Flask.

GM: noted.

You believe you are ready to push off, but it seems that a matter of five gold pieces is still outstanding and Scout looks like he will not depart until respolved.

GM: Say what you will do now. Ensure you actually have gold on you before you attempt to buy anything - see Party Stats. Do note that you are not in the Village to make an exchange of GPs for FP. Lastly, Since the Scenario has begun Scout and Wanderer will no longer be responding in camp but only as updates in the storyline as they are NPCs.

17th Jan, 2007 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

Daphne becomes a bit embarassed.

Noting Daphne's predicament Magsley digs out 7 gp more and hands them to Scout while saying,

"I do apologize as leader I should have ascertained Daphne's financial state prior us departing."

Scout nods.

Wanderer takes opportunity and says,

"It be a good thing that ye did not forget thy horse"

She then cackles and starts Southward.

GM: Journey begins. Party Stats updated.

You venture Southward hoping that Scout really does know as much as he claims. At some points he does show you his map and points certain markings that may be used to find your way back.

GM: The map can be seen here

After awhile of easy riding upon grasslands you find yourselves looking towards the South Mountains. In the distance you see an opening that Scout describes as "Death's Mouth". He says that he will take you a little further and then stop and turn around as anything near Death's Mouth is very dangerous.

He does bid you,

"Ask me what ye will as it is day break, and I wish to be back in the Village before meh lunch grows cold."

GM: Your next Party Order should contain ALL questions you wish to ask Scout before he departs (if you wish to ask anything), along with any actions you wish to perform. Time: 9:00am.

18th Jan, 2007 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout

The Game Master says...

Magsley ask Scout many questions to which he replies to all...

GM: for the sake of simplicity I will just label the answers in numeric form matching your questions.

1) "There are many caves, but they may be occupied. If ye do sleep, make sure they camp is cold and far from Death's Mouth."

2) "Lad, I have never been beyond Death's Mouth... hence ye are hired"

3) "Bandits are known to be in these parts. They rarely have beasts with them save for horses. Beware of wolves at night."

4) "Ney"

5) "Ney" *shrug*

6) "This be hard to say my friend, sometimes they travel in groups of twenty"

7) "The usual my friend, but one thing is distinct about them... they always wear black cloaks."

8) "If ye are experienced climbers then ye may wish to to the top of one of the mountains and have a look yonder for a better path."

9) He laughs... and then replies after catching breath, "Lad, stay away from it!"

10) "Well, do ye believe in god? ye certainly need many prayers or many more of you. Ye are either very brave or very stupid."

Wanderer at hearing this says, "I can handle meh own Scout, be on your way already".

GM: With that Scout tips his hood and makes his way back North at a slow gallop. Say what you will do now. 9:30am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2007 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout - Page 9

The Game Master says...

Magsley asks Wanderer,

"I have no question of your prowess with a blade...How be ye at climbing rocks?".

To Which Wanderer finds herself in contempt and replies,

"I can slice thee where thou art, but climber I am not, I leave that for lions and monkeys!"

She then observes you and says,

"Ye ask me yet, I see no meat behind they sword"

She then laughs and tugs at her horse to move a bit off to the South as though she is not interested in conversation.

You then look towards the South Mountains. You are about 30 minutes gallop away so you do not yet know which way / path / direction looks like a good climb as yet. One thing is sure, the mountains are rocky.

GM: Say what you will do now, be specific about direction.

19th Jan, 2007 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 9

The Game Master says...

Magsley replies to Wanderer,

"No meat indeed! We shall see when the time comes who makes the best score"

He then grins to himself, but Wanderer has not even looked back to see his expression so you wonder if she did not hear it.

<!--WORD2URL-01--><a href='https://www.WorldofMedieval.com' title='' target='_blank'><b><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Medieval<!--WORD2URL-02--></b></a><!--END WORD2URL-02--> Your plan involves nearing the borders of the closest mountains that lead to Death's Mouth, so you go East. It is a clear day so you can easily see everything ahead and do note that the closer you get to the mountains the less of wildlife that can be seen save for the occasional carrion that scouts for prey below. The ground as it were almost turns desert-like with it being more rocky than grassy. It is not a place for a picnic.

You are about a mile from the mountains and you look up to see the Mountains easily ascends to about 3,000 feet at its highest peak. It is not an easy climb to get up there, some of the ridges are steep and it would take and experienced climber to even attempt it.

GM: Say what you will do now. 10:00am

> TOPIC: [medieval] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,