[medieval] Scout - Page 12 of 14

You approach the South Mountains' - Page 12 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 7th Sep, 2007 - 1:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 14 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Closed
Medieval GM posts story here. The Village Elders are in need of a small party to check the South East for a mysterious occurrence of large fires that have been happening recently within that area.
28th Aug, 2007 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout - Page 12

The Game Master says...

Off Again

After depressing events and wrong turns you regroup with the ambition of venturing to the South. Many have tried and failed, but you are determined to go, discover and return with your limbs intact. Having readied yourself with equipment days before you now meet at the usual place near the Market. It is a clear day, light breeze and the already people are about doing the chores of the day.

After awhile you see Scout approaching.

"A pleasant good day to one and all, it be a fine day to see the South eh?"

Without waiting for much of any response he continues...

"So, ye be ready then?"

He looks at each of you clad with items and nods. He then mounts his own horse, tightens a few straps and pats his horse's mane. He then holds out his hand in grasping fashion towards Magsley.

GM: Say what you will do now. Scout will no longer reply in the Camp, but only here as part of the storyline. 6:00am. Party Stats has been updated.

Sponsored Links:
29th Aug, 2007 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

Journey out of the Village

Scout takes the gold and with what seems to be bobbing movements with his hand holding the coin sack he weighs the amount and says,

"Thank ye be, it is all there... shall we journey now?"

You set off after shuffling some equipment around.

As you start trotting Tortdog apologizes to Scout for his earlier demeanor to which he looks quizzacle at Tortdog and says,

"I know not what demeanor ye speak of, however I look towards the South not to yesterday".

He then winks his eye. You feel as though he really is not bothered by trivilities of life and seems to have an inner peace and contentment.

You ask Scout about looking for game to spare your rations, to which he replies,

"Sure, this be possible, but this will take time, ye do not wish to get to the South? If we go straight and not deviate then ye may reach by high sun?"

You ask about the surroundings to which he responds,

"The Village is relatively peaceful. The only traps ye may find is mine. I have a special liken for rabbit meat, so do be careful if ye journey into the surrounding forests of the Village."

He then points North East.

"There lies East City, a bad place. Only those who know what they are doing, are experienced in the ways of the world and of course can handle a sword with nimble hands should journey there. Go without these attributes and thy life will be lost in a day."

He then points to the North West.

"Greystalk, a fine Kingdom, the guards regularly patrol, but the King has no time to deal with the South, although many have told him that he should take heed concerning a build up of dark forces in the area. Have ye ever been to Greystalk?"

He then raises his head and uses his chin to point the way straightforward - the South and says,

"Well of course ye now wish to go to the South, herein lies a place where most fear for their lives. I have brought a number of parties to the outskirts and yet I have only seen one or two return or none."

You get the impression that if you ask specific questions then Scout may give you specific answers, other than that Scout does not seem to be one for much talk as he always seems busy watching the elements as though they were speaking to him.

GM: Apologies Krakyn, I noticed I have been using your former character's name instead of Kalfie. I updated your profile to reflect this. Say what you will do now. 6:30am.

30th Aug, 2007 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Kalife, now excited to find the answers to his questions, asks Scout some questions:

GM: Due to the number of questions being asked please forgive me, but I need to deviate from the storyline format and just get them answered. Each numbered response below is Scout answering.

1. I have friends, but they be those who are interested in rising names, should I say... those who have already proven themselves worthy of their instruction.

2. Greystalk aids no one in personal pursuits. Ye have ventured here based on the Village leader's wishes no?

3. Those who will help thee in this venture are those whom ye meet in the market.

Tortdoog makes markings on his map and notes based on Scout's pointing to certain natural formations. Tortdog also tries to train his dog every now and again by speaking to her whilst on his horse. The dog runs around sniffing and is very tired, it is after all a very long trek for a dog who has never been out of the Village. Tortdog finds himself particularly embarrassed by the dog's yapping at birds, insects and other natural creatures. Scout raises a brow at the whole affair, but keeps silent.

GM: Okay now to the rest of questions...

1. Which pass? Ye mean through Death's Mouth? I know little save for the fact that bandits inhabit the area. Beyond that is land unknown.

2. I have never known anyone to reach the Southern Mountains and then return to tell about it.

3. Meh advice be this... find a place wherewith ye can climb and scope the area. Then shall ye find the best path.

4. There is nothing friendly about Death's Mouth.

5. Go by dark if ye dare, however wolves may smell ye, carry no light, and make no noise.

Scout then looks down at Tortdog's dog.

6. I known not.

7. I have others in whom I have been entrusted and must return to them, I can take thee to Death's Mouth and no more.

8. I am unsure, but to the West of the opening of Death's Mouth I feel there is a ridge not too steep that may be climbed.

9. They maybe anywhere. They love the mountains, plains and especially caves.

Scout then proceeds to tell you of what stories he has heard.

GM: To hear what Scout says you merely have to read the past Scenarios in the main Medieval Board. 7.:00am. Say what you will do now.

30th Aug, 2007 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

GM: Same method as before to answer your questions:

1. Yes, expect bandits, they 'own' Death's Mouth.

2. Protection from wolves:

a. Do not sleep out in the open
b. Ensure there are plenty of thee
c. Keep a good fire going (however this attracts attention)
d. Do not cook meat or carry anything that brings a strong odor
e. Avoid loud noises, in fact, no noise is best

3. Vampire bats? Regular bats will do ye no harm, they are not found in the dry plains, the other type I know not.

4. Thieves and bandits can be seen like wolves, treat them the same save for no fire is best, since they view it from atop the mountains.

5. Carry this scruff of a mutt? I have a natural dislike for such untrained things, however I will allow it to follow my horse and nothing more.

You continue onward at a slow pace. Talking, mapping and feeding your horses almost makes the whole experience like a vacation.

GM: Say what you will do now. 8am.

2nd Sep, 2007 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Scout medieval

The Game Master says...

You decide to pick up the pace.

You request Scout to stop where the last tree stands and you are not far off from there. After about a few minutes you notice that the ground changes to that of brilliant green grassy to a darker rocky and sandy color dotted with only patches of grass.

Scout says,

"This be the last frontier of what is familiar and beyond here ye will be in open plains."

He points to the South and to Death's Mouth which you can see just barely because it is a very clear day and he then continues...

"There she be."

Tortdog gets off his horse claiming to look for a good route to which Scout looks on and proclaims,

"From this distance? Ye have the vision of a hawk?"

He then says to look and you see miles of plains between you and the south Mountains. There are no trees to be found save for where you now stand.

"At full gallop we can be there in less than an hour!"

GM: Say what you will do now. 8:30am.

4th Sep, 2007 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout

The Game Master says...

You ask Scout to guide you to the hike up the mount near Death's Mouth to which he replies,

"Lad, when we are in reasonable distance to this place I will point the way and then immediately depart."

He then sighs and continues...

"My adventure and reckless days are over, and I seek to live for the morrow and not die a lone man at Death's Mouth".

You then show your concern about the dog to which Scout says,

"I will do ye this favor only because I do not wish to see her perish."

Tortdog asks for verification about the possible trails location and Scout indicates it on the map.

9:00am. Say what you will do now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Sep, 2007 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout - Page 12

The Game Master says...

South Mountains

<!--WORD2URL-01--><a href='https://www.WorldofMedieval.com' title='' target='_blank'><b><I><!--END WORD2URL-01-->Medieval<!--WORD2URL-02--></I></b></a><!--END WORD2URL-02--> You make haste to the South Mountains. You reach the point at which Scout says you will find some sort of path up the jagged formidable looking mountains (see embedded picture).

One thing you notice about this terrain and the surroundings is that anything or anyone can see you from a long way off. Perfect ground for a sniper or sneak attack. At the same time you quickly notice how deadly serene it is. It is like the quiet before a sttorm. There is a light breeze and no sound can be heard save for what gust passes through your equipment every now and again.

Scout seems uneasy and says,

"This be my last part in this, I be on my way to the Village now."

He then points to where you can find the trail.

He looks over at Tortdog and beckons him to bring the dog, she seems cold, and he places her on his lap.

"Break some limbs, but not yer own"

Scout says as he turns and rides swiftly towards the North.

You bid him farewell and turn to look at the mountains. They are rough, you know you may need the aid of both rope and grappling hook. You wonder about your climbing skills.

You wonder if anyone is looking at you.

[b]10:00am. Say what you will do now. Note, I only need exact actions now of each character, not what you say to each other. Here is a free tip: I advise you to be cautious in your actions. Medieval is played realistically and I do not make characters out to be supermen, at least not yet. In other words, try to fly and gravity will pull you down. Try to talk articulately with a mind of '5' and I will make you curse the person you address, so do not do anything you know it is NOT within the means of your character to do.

7th Sep, 2007 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 12

The Game Master says...

You approach the South Mountains' base feeling like you are within some sort of realm or domain that is living, breathing, ever aware of your presence. Looking at the Mountain (from the base) you see there is no green around or on it. The mountain's surface is rocky and unfriendly to any kind of vegetation. It rises to what seems to be about 3000'.

You ride a 'safe' distance West from the place indicated by South as a path up the Mountain. You try to 'conceal' your presence, but you stand out like a sore thumb, because from your present position (now above from where Scout departed 20' above the plains) you see that anyone could see you coming from miles - that is - if anyone were interested in you.

Looking above you see some carrions circling high above one of the mountain ridges (just above where Scout indicated the path).

You look for a concealed place at your current location, there is not any... the mountains begin with a steep incline and then form into jagged formations above. You look for other ways up the mountain, but you do not see any apparent without gracious mountain climbing skills.

You make yourselves ready with only the necessary of weapons leaving the load to your horses. Tortdog's canary flutters around.

GM: Say what you will do now. I was a bit confused by what you meant by 'ridge'? Right now you are at the base of the mountain West of the path where Scout indicated. You cannot elevate yourself beyond 20 feet without climbing. Please indicate what each character will do now.

+  « First of 14 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: [medieval] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,