[camp] Scout - Page 98 of 104

I recall the elders saying se but neither - Page 98 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 11th Sep, 2007 - 4:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 104 pgs.  94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102  ...Latest (104) »
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
10th Sep, 2007 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout - Page 98

I have had some of the same thought tortdog.

I await Daphne's approval but he we go:

We travel across to look at the wall on the opposite side (north mountain range?) and examine the area for obvious signs of travel and a possible place to make an ascent up the cliff for a look about. While traveling I will look for signs of passage and Daphne and tortdog will look for the passage and signs of movement.

Once at the far side we will travel north along it away from Death's Mouth. Our intention being to finish the search by 4:00 PM thus giving enough time for on last action such as setting camp if required. Please keep in mind we may be out of the woods but mountain lions I am sure lurk about.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2007 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

My understanding is that the south mountain ranges goes from west to east, with

* a "path" to the west of Death's Mouth,
* Death's Mouth in the middle, and
* another opening in the mountains at the eastern end, like so:

Village

North

West ******Path (death if not a climber)*** DM (zig zag) ************* Opening ****** East

South

But whatever it is, I'll do as you say. I might have my directions off.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 10th Sep, 2007 - 6:18pm

10th Sep, 2007 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

Kalfie, let's do that. I think if we try to climb, we will die just as one of my friends did.

10th Sep, 2007 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Page 98 Scout camp

No you are not mixed up. I was just think we head back north then East to far side of the Mouth and work back.

Here is the map just to make it easier for me.

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....&st=#entry18210

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2007 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

As you go, I go.

ooc: Here are more sensible words to make this post legitimate.

11th Sep, 2007 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout

With a small flicker in his eye

My friends who here is good at making mud pie? Could we make a costing of the wagon tracks and take that as our proof? Head back a tad wait till duskish when the camp fires be lit. Then we would know where about the camping thieves be?

Head back to report what we found to the elders? With the great map we now have

*bows to tordog*

I think we could convince them that a large army be required. I will try to estimate how many passed in 24 hours and how long most of the tracks have been there. We must make haste though.

What do you think?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 98

Pulls out map and starts to map while discussing situation, looking up occasionally and scanning the horizon for movement.

Here is what I think. My recollection from the Elders is that they want us to scout out the opening to the EAST of Death's Mouth. Scout has been leading us to a "path"

chuckles

to the WEST. We are now on the east side of Death's Mouth. And everyone is aware that there is an opening in these mountains that is further east from here.

Obviously it's not RIGHT here

gazing up at the shear cliffs and notes them on the map

so we should continue.

Once we get to that opening, we need to explore it to the South. Not to mention the expectation was that we would need 7-days rations, so it can't just be here and back again. This is merely a half-day's work.

So I suggest that we ride back to the forest and ride just inside so that we are not seen from the mountains. That we ride east until we see the opening. At that point, we gaze around before venturing onto the plains to make it safe, and then go forward and explore that opening.

Them's be my thoughts.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 11th Sep, 2007 - 12:32pm

11th Sep, 2007 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 98

I recall the elders saying se but neither passage on this map really fits....

It can not hurt to look at least we know here lies a camp that is bringing in supply laden wagons. We know it will be heavily guarded.

I am just pondering why would not the other be the same way? ... unless something even more cruel lies beyond it.

I will be glad to investigate the first point of interest for the group while you sit back a safe distance. If nothing is found till we hit the eastern passage then we will send one to look for tracks and a quick look.

I suspect it to be a longer passage then the deaths Mouth and we would then scout it constantly looking for a path way up. I think if we could get up a bit we might be able to spot areas to avoid.

We need to find a cave we could hang spare cloak in opening to block flames from being seen and be able to guard such an opening for the night much easier. I place best bet to sleep in day light hours and protect camp at night two awake at all times. 4 hours sleep each should suffice. daphne sleep 10 to 2 tortdog 2 to 6 daphne and kalfie 6 to 10 am. then switch around second night so daphne is on first watch and sleeps second. We could also take a siesta at 3 pm to 6 pm.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 11th Sep, 2007 - 4:46pm

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,