[camp] Scout - Page 99 of 104

Best I can think is you are ahead by 10 or - Page 99 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 12th Sep, 2007 - 3:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 104 pgs.  95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103  ...Latest (104) »
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 99

I agree. Whichever we we go about it (you decide), we should continue to explore along here, looking at tracks and paths and looking for an opening. I would like to stick around somewhere safe for the evening. And certainly finding a cave sounds very good (though rumors have it that all caves are occupied).

Let's make haste, if Daphne is in agreement.

Glances back at her wondering about the blank expression on her face

**** Updated having just seen your post for the party ****

While we ride in the forest (hopefully out of sight of people on the plains), we probably won't be able to see any paths or caves in the mountains. Remember Scout's comment of the need for eagle eyes. So if you want to deviate back towards the mountains to search for a cave, path, etc., then I'm with you.

Also, as soon as we stop I'll want to update the map for what we've seen, including the location of the tracks.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 11th Sep, 2007 - 5:17pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

As you continue to asses the surroundings you hear a distant thunder towards the South. You look up to see in the distance horses galloping fast towards you. They are moving so swiftly that a great amount of dust is being kicked up behind them. They are mounted with dark clothed figures.

It's been nice knowing you, Kalife.

Hmm.

I'm thinking that we should quickly launch arrows at the approaching group of horses, two or three quick salvos, to distract them and give Kalife more time to get on his horse and escape north. Then all of us should make north. Before we take off, I'd want to throw off any weight that might be burdening my horse, starting with throwing off bags of oats and water first. If the canary seems to be getting in the way, then throw that off too as we ride.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 11th Sep, 2007 - 10:13pm

11th Sep, 2007 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

OOC: Darn it! It seems like we always end up facing these dark clothed figures and we never seem to beat them no matter what we do!

Let's get out of there quickly towards North. Although I am losing all hope! sad.gif

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Page 99 Scout camp

If Daphne doesn't want to stick around and shoot arrows in an attempt to distract, then I'm off with her. I'm not sticking around here alone.

ooc: Don't forget that I have no idea if I am encumbered or not, due to the party stats not being updated (but GM has his notes). So I have to include the proviso that I cast off any oats and water (with the canary last) as necessary so that I am NOT encumbered.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 11th Sep, 2007 - 11:13pm

12th Sep, 2007 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Scout camp

eyes wide he mounts

Make north with great haste and we split up. I get a bleeding chance a prisoner I will be taking. Swords are bad but the arrows hurt get ye shields to ye back.

ooc he is what I suggest we post.

Kalfie remounts and bolts north .... the trio splits and plans to meet on the south edge of the village once the pursuit is lost. Daphne and tortdog try to move their shields to their back unless it slows them too much.

As they start to move out if any of them seem to be losing too much ground they will start to disencumber by dropping oats and water. If still losing too much ground tortdog will drop canary.

If Kalfie gets a chance where he is one on one he will attack. He fears dieing with an arrow in his back most.

If this be ok I will post it. Sorry I blew it by returning to the scene we should have just split. Sorry tortdog and Daphne.

12th Sep, 2007 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout

OOC: Krakyn, I think is fine although the only thing I would change is your character trying to fight one on one. Last time we were in a similar situation, those dark figures outnumber us greatly, Kalfie won't stand a chance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 99

I hesitate.

First:

I am not sure that they even see me or Daphne. Are we in the woods and somewhat hidden? If so, perhaps we stay here while we let the band pass us by.

Second:

I agree with Daphne. You better run and never turn back. I can't believe they would catch you, and their ability to hit you with a bow and arrow while they are at full gallop would seem to be next to impossible.

IF we are hidden, I would push for staying that way. If we are not, then we go.

Thoughts?

12th Sep, 2007 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 99

Best I can think is you are ahead by 10 or 15 minutes I would think you were riding easy so I doubt you hit the tree line yet.

Daphne is there any way we can confirm this with the gm?

Could I put it this way to the post.

Kalfie immediately takes flight heading north screaming loud and encouraging his horse to make great haste. He heads west of the direction Daphne and tortdog took. He scan looking for his friends if he sees them he waves them to split.

Then I will mention dropping stuff if we seem to lose ground.

They know you are here as they assemble a posse to get us as we crossed the deaths mouth opening perhaps a tad too close.

Then if you are out of sight then gm would ask you to make own post. Since he has not asked you to do so already I assume we are still within sight of each other.

I will need to know what directions you both intend to head is my bet. I am betting you do not have enough time for a covering volley of arrows as they are already at full tilt and we are just heading out.

I am betting on 15 to 20 to 3 are our odds if they break maybe we get lucky and only one or two real hot heads will try to follow far.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 12th Sep, 2007 - 3:31pm

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,