[camp] Scout - Page 102 of 104

OOC: Okay, I thought a lot about this scenario - Page 102 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 13th Sep, 2007 - 1:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 104 pgs.  98 99 100 101 102 103 104 
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
12th Sep, 2007 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout - Page 102

This is what I will post:

Tortdog secures the cloak around him and dismounts and takes some rope from Daphne's horse and begins to fashion some traps where they stand. He continues to glance up at the horde which advances north, while also glancing towards the southern and eastern horizons through the trees. At the mean time, Daphne draws slowly her sword in case of a surprise attack.

After the traps are quickly and silently set, Tort hops back onto his mount, throws the remaining rope to Daphne, and studies the action before him, with the bow in his hand and the stirrups in the other. They stay very, very quiet in the same spot as to not draw attention to themselves.

Agreed?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

OOC: Perfect. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Didn't mean to make everyone wait!

12th Sep, 2007 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

Delay? No delay at all. I just added in the end that we are observing from the distance where the hordes are heading to.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Page 102 Scout camp

Looks over at Daphne while waiting to see what results their actions will bring

Remember how I mentioned that we were all going to die earlier this morning?

sighs

12th Sep, 2007 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Scout camp

Wow! That was close! I do not think our location is known neither I think we can see Kalfie from where we are, right?

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2007 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout

I am not sure. I propose that we either:

* dismount, lead the horses a pace, and then tie them up (so if our location WAS known the horses won't be there and the trap will get them). We then continue on foot to be more quiet and move to a place west of here where we can see Kalfie and possibly help

OR

* continue mounted and move to a location farther west where we can spy what is going on.

No matter what happens, I want to turn and make ready anything that would encumber my horse, so as to allow me to quickly release it should we need to move fast. I also suggest that we scan the horizon again to the south for any further movement.

One other option would be taking off in a hurry towards Death's Mouth, to get the attention of this horde. There might not be any others there ... but that seems pretty risky.

You the boss!*

Rather off topic, but...
*See! I don't need to control anything!

I am comfortable with either decision.

Kalife

OOC: GM writes:

Tell me what you wish to keep only and all the rest I will consider discarded.

Here is where I am completely confused. How do you even know what you have (without updated inventory)? Further, how do you know what is weighing you down? I said from the start that the stuff we were carrying should not encumber a horse in MY view (but it did). So my view doesn't match the GM's, and without further info you are just guessing.

Good luck. I'm guessing I'm not encumbered - but who knows until it is too late and I am being chased.

Would it be appropriate to put OOC communications within the "offtopic" tags, or not?

Daphne: Once you tell me what you want us to do, I'll write it up to be a better story.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 12th Sep, 2007 - 9:42pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Sep, 2007 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout - Page 102

OOC:

Not real sure on that but I should have had a couple extra bags of oats and your extra cloak. you should have most of what you had. I would suggest hide the rope and rod and yes tie rest for quick release. I am sure these nice fellows will turn and track you down once they are finished killed tied up or what ever with Kalfie.

Even if unencumbered these guys are on fresh fast steeds possible heavier horses then what we have after all this is their defending squad they sent. leather Armour no shield cloak and sword maybe some with bows but that will be all they carry. This is why they gained so quickly on me.

I have one last desperate thing I will try of I see them brandishing swords. I hope they soon try yelling at me or something as they will be close enough to do so very soon.

Once I know which way has less men I will make up my mind as what to do. I will admit doing this over the net is very different then in person.

13th Sep, 2007 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 102

OOC: Okay, I thought a lot about this scenario last night and we are not playing realistically. laugh.gif Think about it...we are in the middle of DEATH MOUTH (helloooo? Can we see the significance of the name?) and we are moving around and checking stuff like if we are in the middle of a shopping mall! I think that's why Kalfie got in trouble because he went to check something BY HIMSELF in the middle of Death Mouth!

We need to think realistically what we would do in a situation like that, we definitly won't be checking out stuff but try to cross death mouth as fast as we can. Unfortunately, I do not see any other option but to climb the mountain. Daphne has stuff for climbing I believe so I think we can do it.

Longer we "check" stuff, "walk" MORE danger will come to us. I feel it! So Tortdog, leaving the horses and walking by ourselves in the middle of Death Mouth is not an option. I think we need to make sure the Hordes are gone and then go straight and climb that mountain.

Thoughts?

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,