[camp] Scout - Page 103 of 104

ooc: So we aren't in the trees. That - Page 103 - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 13th Sep, 2007 - 5:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 104 pgs.  99 100 101 102 103 104 
Closed
campfire Players discuss current scenario here. GM Note: This is the longest Camp Thread ever without the players ever leaving the Village once!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 103

I don't think we are even close to Death's Mouth. We are in the forest which is a 1 hour or so ride away last time we ventured with Scout. (Scout mentioned that it would take the eyes of a hawk to see anything against the mountains from the forest.)

I think the problem was is that Kalife went back to the tracks, not realizing that those tracks were right at Death's Mouth (close to the mountains). We thought Kalife was near us - but he wasn't. So, that's how we became separated.

I am assuming now Kalife is part way back to the village on a wide path in the forest. We are in the forest somewhat hidden (we are unsure). To return to the "path" that Scout showed us would require that we reveal ourselves once again (now with only 2 people) and cross the path of that thundering horde that shook the earth like an earthquake. That sounds like suicide to me.

One other option is the opening to the EAST of Death's Mouth. On the map, it shows two openings through the mountains: (I) Death's Mouth and (ii) an opening to the east. Since the village elders wanted us to scout to the east, I believe the safest route to this mission is to continue to move east towards that opening, finding a place to camp which gives us an ability to defend ourselves in the open (seeing enemies approach long before they present a danger so we can flee or attack them with bows in their approach).

But with only two people, I think it's suicide. We need Kalife, but he's way out of our range now (I'm assuming). He might not even survive. I think the wisest course is to return to the village through the forest, heading north (parallel to the path taken by Kalife and the horde). I have navigational skills, so I can't imagine that would not be able to determine east with the sun bright in the sky and a map in my possession.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
13th Sep, 2007 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Scout camp

We did not come all the way from the village to return there, don't you think? I think we should attempt to go East and go through that opening you are speaking about. Having Kalfie is not a big difference if these hordes are moving in groups of 20. shocked.gif' /><!--endemo--> BUT I would like to cross the opening with him and not leave him behind, he is our buddy!<br /><br />So the question is how can we <!--WORD2URL-01--><a href='https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index.php?act=sitemap2' title='' target='_blank'><b><I><!--END WORD2URL-01-->find<!--WORD2URL-02--></I></b></a><!--END WORD2URL-02--> him?<br /><br /> </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout RPG PBP Medieval World

My suggestion would be to continue north in the woods where we can just make out the path that Kalife and the horde took going north. We will undoubtedly make noise, but we might be out of eyesight for a bit giving us an advantage. It will also slow us down (I would assume). But if we move out into the path, the horde will surely see us. That would place us in between Death's Mouth where there might be additional bandits and this horde; we would be trapped with no where to run but for the forest which would make a slow get away.

So my suggestion:

Securing our cloaks, Daphne and Tort move their horses in a northwesterly direction until they are able to just make out the path taken by the thundering horde in pursuit of Kalife. While the leader (you or me - your choice) keeps eye both in front and to the west side, the person to the rear keeps eye both to the west side and to the rear. Each secures their cloaks around them, and strive to steer their horses away from the breaking of any branches and other noise that might give away their position. Both listen carefully for the sounds of the thundering herd and for any signs of battle.

Or...

Maybe we move fast through this forest. The bandits shouldn't hear us. They are galloping fast. Thus we might stand a great chance of moving fast and remaining undiscovered.

Alternatively, we suck it up, march out into the open path, and pursue this horde and start to attack them before they hit Kalife (in order to give Kalife more time). We might be screwed if we do that, but potentially we could escape back into the forest before they turn to attack us.

I'll do what you want. You are my leader in this. I trust your judgment. Don't forget that we have those rope traps back there a ways. Might be able to lead bandits to that location (or have ensnared someone whom we could capture and question).

This one is ALL yours! I've tried to give you lots of ideas/alternatives from my point of view. I'll write up anything you want, should you desire it.

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 13th Sep, 2007 - 1:58pm

13th Sep, 2007 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 103 Scout camp

I think just to be safe we should move fast through the forest, no? So write something nice and I will post it. Thanks.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

Scout camp

Tort, relying on his navigational skills, looks at the location of the sun and the moss on the trees to determine north. He and Daphne then ensure their cloaks are well secured, and that the feed and water is tied in such a manner to be quickly loosed should occasion require it. They immediately spur their horses on until they are able to make out the path down which the thundering horde and Kalife just took. Once the path is barely in view through the trees, Daphne and Tort turn due north, at as fast a pace can be managed in the forest, in a direction parallel to the path. Tort keeps an eye out at front and to the west, to steer the horses through the most clear areas while remaining parallel to the path. Daphne watches closely to the east and occasional checks the rear, to ensure that none follow or surprise them from that direction.

Once they are able to hear any commotion from the horde of bandits or Kalife, they will come to a stop at a position in which trees act as aids to block them from being easily seen.

ooc: Please feel free to make any modifications. I'm kind of winging it here. I put myself in front due to my navigational skills. But if you should lead as the warrior then put me in the rear. If you think anything is a mess up in strategy, please just fix it. Don't worry about my input. Also, is it necessary to say that I am relying on my "navigational skills"? I guess that's redundant, since GM would know. I just want to make sure he remembers! (But...that might be insulting.)

Reconcile Edited: tortdog on 13th Sep, 2007 - 3:37pm

13th Sep, 2007 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout

hopes his fellow adventerers stay safe and find the gear he thew if there is any thing that is of use. Ponders if I end up off my mount I shall give it a good slap so these varmits can not have it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout - Page 103

Nods back to Daphne
I suppose we should keep an eye out for any gear in the path. We'll know that we are getting close to him. But I assume we'll here the commotion long before we see anything of interest.

Tries to ignore the really bad feeling that is rising up in his gut, wondering what kind of death awaits them...

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2007 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

[camp] Scout
A Friend

[camp] Scout World Medieval PBP RPG - Page 103

ooc: So we aren't in the trees. That confused me since I thought last party post we stated I was setting traps in trees.

I suggest that we gallop north while maintaining watch towards the forest and seek cover within its canopy.

> TOPIC: [camp] Scout

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,