John Hyrum Koyle - Bishop - Page 2 of 3

I was also very intrigued by this story when - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Jan, 2012 - 6:06am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Bishop Koyle - Dream Mine
17th Apr, 2009 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

John Hyrum Koyle - Bishop - Page 2

I just read through the earlier messages. I noticed that I failed to include one little piece of information. According to people who have researched this, there is no record of John H. Koyle ever having been excommunicated, and his name is on the records of the church as being in full fellowship.

The implication is that they held the court and excommunicated him publicly, but were unable to actually do anything about it.

I will say this. I see much more faith and consistency from John H. Koyle than I see from most leaders of the Church.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

John Hyrum Koyle - Bishop
A Friend

Bishop Koyle Hyrum John

I used to involve myself in this forum before some years ago and now I have being following this tread with much interest, starting yesterday. I never heard about Bishop Koyle before and now that I have read about him on this thread I am very anxious to get to know him even more.
I can't have any constructive input on him because I still don't know him that well, but I wish this tread continues on and alive for further some time so that I can continue delighting on the issue.

Rather off topic, but...
By the way thanks to all who have contributed on this tread, without your inputs I would not come to know about Bishop Koyle at least at this time.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

8th Jun, 2009 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

John Hyrum Koyle - Bishop Studies Doctrine Mormon

There is a Yahoo group specifically dedicated to the Relief Mine. They have quite a few files with much more extensive information than is reasonable to post on this forum.

Apparently there was a work project at the mine this weekend, with people cutting down and clearing weeds, brush, etc., and generally cleaning things up. Quite a few folks are also trying to set up a tour of the mine. They had one scheduled in April, but we had storms move in that day, so they had to cancel it.

Feel free to contact me for more specific information about the mine. Of course, the mine is tied up with any information about Bishop Koyle (and vice versa).

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Bishop Koyle Hyrum John

Further specific Discussion about Bishop Koyle can be had in "Mature Discussion of the Last Days".

8th Jun, 2009 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Bishop Koyle Hyrum John

If this Koyle guy was so inspired why isn't there more about him in official church doctrine or even the Doctrine and Covenants?

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2010 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Name: Madeline

Comments: John Hyrum Koyle is my great great grandfather. I find his prophecies and what not very interesting. I was going through my genealogy today. I have toured the mine at a family reunion. I was trying to find more information about the Dream Mine and this article and comments helped. Thank you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2011 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

John Hyrum Koyle Bishop - Page 2

Name: Jason

Comments: Incredible. Thanks for all the post. Since visiting the mine in 2006 I have been completely fascinated by the story of John Koyle and the Relief Mine. Then during my travels this summer I had several experiences that have led me to believe that the story surrounding the Relief Mine is one that is not yet finished.

And on another note, mining equipment has come a long way, could it be time to reopen the mine and see what treasures are locked inside? Gold?

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2012 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

John Hyrum Koyle Bishop Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I was also very intrigued by this story when I read it a few years ago. I read about this in Ogden Kraut's book, and I was pretty impressed by the accurateness of his predictions. It was hard at first for me to accept that he was right about the saints being driven out of Mexico if they stopped plural marriage, when it contradicted what Pres. Joseph F Smith said when he promised them a temple of they stopped. But I looked it up & it happened just like it said. For those that believe that the president of the church can never be wrong, this is an example that goes to show they are human too, and their opinions & judgments aren't always the right ones. If you look through the scriptures you'll find lots of examples where other prophets were sometimes less than perfect, or those that fell from their calling as well.

My friend's Dad worked at the mine when Bishop Koyle was alive & knew him very well. He said he was an honest & very spiritual man. His intention was never to contradict anyone. When he had made that statement to a friend he told him not to tell everyone, but word got out & made things hard for him after that. According to his Dad also, the mine actually did produce some gold & other metals that were sold, but wasn't the "motherload" they were looking for.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: John Hyrum Koyle - Bishop

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,