Archibald Introduction

Archibald Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 5th Jul, 2005 - 2:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2005 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Learner
[?] CPosts: 17
Flag Posts: 18
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.1%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 2

Archibald Introduction

Where do I begin?
My name is Andrew and I am 26 years old. I live in a small seaside town in England, there is something unique about the British seaside. It has its own permeable atmosphere, its own flavour. Most importantly of course, it has the sea. I have always been drawn toward the ocean, always asking myself why, yet never being quite so sure.
I left school at 16 and went to college, studying automotive engineering. I soon felt unfulfilled, I am not simple, however I like to learn by taking part practically. Dissatisfied I sought employment at a ford dealership, and continued from that point on with a three year apprenticeship. I have worked in the motor trade ever since.
Why am I mentioning this at all? you may ask. I just thought it would help you get to me. Motor vehicles are not my only interest, I like to read about philosophy. Not just the traditional, eastern/western, but occult philosophy also. Anything I can get my hands on really. My girlfriend summed me up quite well when she said I was a little lost and looking for enlightenment. This is true I suppose, and I still havent found it. I don't have one particular faith in mind when it comes to religion. Although you could say the closest one I have found that relates to me on a personal level would be Buddism.
Poetry, fantasy/sci fi, japanese fiction, theological fiction, all of these things I find interesting to read. Some of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman, Terry prattchett, Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, Lian Herne etc the list goes on. I have dabbled with writing myself, in fact I have a plethora of unfinished tales and poems. Which leads me nicely to the end of this introduction & a quote that I thought appropriate.

"The only excuse for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely"
Author : Oscar Wilde(The picture of Dorian Gray pg 6)

I hope I havent waffled for to long, I do tend to get carried away. For those of you at the back who fell asleep, "Sweet Dreams"

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 4th Jul, 2005 - 10:03pm
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2005 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Introduction Archibald

Welcome to this International Community!

To become integrated into the community you MUST understand these facts:

1. All discussion is at an intellectual & constructive level, this means proper use of the English language, grammar and spelling!
2. Before you post ANYTHING please read the Constructive Posts thread to avoid us telling you
3. You must abide by ALL rules. We enforce them! If you did not read them - do so now
4. We immediately delete any member account found being sarcastic, spamming, using the community to advertise commercial products or services and / or seeking to violate any of the terms agreed upon sign-up.
5. Keep your profile up to date - especially your Email address. If we get several bounces from a full or unused Email address then your account will be deleted.
6. If you are unsure how to post messages then visit the Test Board
7. If you still have questions AFTER reading the FAQ Board then please ask them WITHIN this thread, do not start a new thread just to ask a question.
8. This place has MANY features to help you find what you are looking for:
* SITE MAP - shows all the Boards and some features on one page
* MAIN INDEX - Click Here to see all boards
* You will also see a link or banner saying 'Phone Home' use this to get quick help!

Now that we have scared you sufficently - The best way to become integrated into our community is to post messages. Remember, you are one user out of hundreds of members. If anyone is going to 'see' you then they need to read your posts. Posts are messages you leave on the various boards we have here. Select 'See All Boards' or 'Site Map' from the top menu, it will load a page full of different boards.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2005 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,015
Flag Posts: 51,672
Avg: 6.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,577.40 FP
Charm: 394

Archibald Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to the Community. That was a good intro and I hope you will take the time to look around and become an active participant in our topics of discussion. You may also find our Transportation Board of interest to you.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2005 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.3%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Introduction Archibald

Welcome to the Forum, Archibald! We're glad to have you join us. With your various interests, you should have no problem finding inviting topics. We welcome your participation here, and look forward to your posts.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.

> TOPIC: Archibald Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,