Epilepsy

Epilepsy - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 16th Oct, 2019 - 10:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2005 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Epilepsy

IMPLANT 'SHORT-CIRCUITS' EPILEPSY

When Rex Reimann hears 1980s music in his head, he reaches for his magnet. He has just seconds, he says, to head off one of the debilitating seizures that for so long controlled his life.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...46279%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2005 - 7:24am / Post ID: #

Epilepsy
A Friend

Epilepsy

Wow, this has been approved since nineteen ninety seven and I haven't heard a word about it until now. This technology is nothing short of miraculous. The ability to prevent allot of the seizures associated with EPILEPSY is simply amazing. Every day I am more and more astounded by the advances of science in my life time. This man can literally stop his own seizures if he acts fast enough. Giving someone with a disability that kind of control over their own body is amazing and boosts their self confidence in their own ability to take care of themselves and live a normal life.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2008 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Epilepsy Health & Special Psychology

Diet treatment call for epilepsy

A special high-fat diet helps to control fits in children with epilepsy, a UK trial suggests.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7378178.stm

Post Date: 3rd May, 2008 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Epilepsy
A Friend

Epilepsy

I am not sure I would put my child on that high fat diet. If it leads to hunger they may get up in the night and binge. That would not be good for them and nullify the effects of the diet. The implant sounds good and I hope that more research in this field is done to help other Epilepsy patients.

1st Sep, 2009 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

Epilepsy

Reading stories like this one makes me feel blessed and grateful to be able to go through my life without the pain and issues this man has had.
It's interesting that this guy hears 1980s music. I once saw a medical program where a lady said she tasted almond cookies every time she was going to have a seizure. The first time she had a seizure she was at a restaurant and had just eaten an almond cookie.
This magnet and implant device sounds like a very good idea. It's good there are things like this out there to help people who sense a seizure coming on.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2010 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Epilepsy

Coloured lasers may curb epilepsy

Coloured lights could be used to find treatments for brain disorders like epilepsy, early findings suggest. Ref. Source 4

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2016 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Epilepsy

Genes influence sleep/wake timing of seizures in people with epilepsy

New research shows that genetics plays a role in sleep/wake timing of seizures. Researchers studied 1,395 individuals with epilepsy in families containing multiple people with epilepsy to determine whether sleep/wake timing of seizures runs in families. Ref. Source 2f.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2019 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Epilepsy Psychology Special & Health

New genetic-based epilepsy risk scores. An international team of researchers has developed new genetic-based epilepsy risk scores which may lay the foundation for a more personalized method of epilepsy diagnosis and treatment. This analysis is the largest study of epilepsy genetics to date, as well as the largest study of epilepsy using human samples. Source 8e.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Epilepsy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,