Terrorism In Britain - Page 8 of 25

They Wanted To Go To The USA Two suspects - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Jul, 2007 - 1:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 25 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (25) »
Since this seems to be the next big target
29th Jun, 2007 - 11:30pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Britain - Page 8

Police hunting a car bomber in central London discover a second device in a vehicle in Park Lane, the BBC learns.

This is the kind of news that makes Islam look like an aggressive force (more of this Discussed in the Studies of Islam Board) than a peaceful religion and it is not going to be 'pretty' for those of an Indian / Arab look, more especially if you sport the garb of a Muslim. Britain seems to be a big target for Islamists and Brown has inherited something to be worried about.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2007 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Britain Terrorism

Glasgow Airport On Fire!

Glasgow Airport is evacuated after a car hits the terminal building and ignites.
Ref. BBC

30th Jun, 2007 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Britain History & Civil Business Politics

This is only the 3rd day that Gordon Brown has been in office, and I'm sure he feels that with all the terrorist attacks going on around britain that he's been 'thrown in at the deep end'. It does make you feel that these terrorist attacks have been planned specifically to hit hard as new prime minister and cabinet officers come into power.
It's sad that it's the minority of Muslims who support these fundamentalists, and yet, it must affect badly the rest of the law abiding Muslims who play no part in these attacks on Britain.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

30th Jun, 2007 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Britain Terrorism

QUOTE (DianeC)
It's sad that it's the minority of Muslims who support these fundamentalists, and yet, it must affect badly the rest of the law abiding Muslims who play no part in these attacks on Britain.

That is just it - the part they play is to do nothing to effectively get these 'types' from out of their hideouts and secret places. You cannot distance yourself from terrorist and at the same time welcome them into your mosques, festivities and daily activities. There needs to be a strong rejection, repulsion or excommunication of these people. Just saying you do not support it is NOT enough!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2007 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

Britain Terrorism

Terror Threat Level: Critical

The UK's terror threat has been raised to the highest level of "critical", Home Secretary Jacqui Smith announces.
Ref. BBC

3rd Jul, 2007 - 10:29am / Post ID: #

Terrorism In Britain

I"ve only just come back to London from a short visit to Sweden where I watched the terrorist news on TV. It's rather odd because the mood in London is very much business as usual. I thought it would be paranoia, but this isn't the case at ground level. In fact, my colleagues at work tell me it has really been beaten up by the media and no one is that bothered by it apart from the inconvenience of road/transport closures. I think Londoners are rather robust people and have been through all this before.

I sometimes wander if the Government raises the alarm level so high to try and scare the public or because they believe it will help catch terrorists? Does making these incidents sensational news allow criminals to escape?

I agree with both JB and Diane. More needs to be done within communities to prevent lunatics from planning such attacks. There must be some people who knew about this and kept quiet even though they don't believe in it. The majority of Muslims are law abiding good citizens and this has a terrible effect on their lives. I was on the tube just yesterday and one Muslim man got on at Bayswater, an area with quite a few Muslims. It was blatantly obvious some people felt uneasy around him and he looked sad that he was being ostracised in such a way. I felt terribly sorry for him because he is being treated differently for believing in a religion.

I believe trying to catch terrorists (which is rather reactive) is never going to solve the problem. If the UK and other Western nations are serious about stopping Islamic fundamentalism they will need to do more to solve the reasons why such groups exist. Israel is a good starting point. It is impossible to catch all the terrorists and prevent all acts of terror. However, you can convince people not to join such groups by fixing foreign policy in the Middle East.

I think it is possible that a terror attack could again occur in London. The city is massive and overpopulated. It wouldn't be hard for someone to blow themselves up in a crowded chaotic London street. I just hope the politicians wake up to the root of the problem soon instead of trying to prevent the end product.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2007 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism Britain - Page 8

BRITAIN TO REVIEW RECRUITMENT OF FOREIGN DOCTORS

The British government will review its process of recruiting foreign health service staff after eight people arrested in connection with three failed car bombings were found to be linked through the medical profession, Prime Minister Gordon Brown said Wednesday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...-immigrant.html

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2007 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Terrorism Britain Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

They Wanted To Go To The USA

Two suspects in the failed car bombings in Britain made inquiries about working in the United States, the FBI said Friday, and police said an Iraqi doctor arrested at Glasgow airport became the first person charged in the attacks.
Ref. USAToday

> TOPIC: Terrorism In Britain

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,