Stages Of Grief

Stages Grief - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2007 - 6:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

As a result of a scam
4th May, 2007 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Stages Of Grief

When people are scam, they do not only lose all their money and savings in many instances but also they are emotionally scammed and this last one, seems to be the hardest to overcome if the scammer and the victim shared a special relationship with each other.

1 Shock - Immediately following the news that you have been scammed, it is difficult to accept the loss. A feeling of unreality occurs. During those first days there is a feeling of being-out-of-touch.
2) Emotional Release - the awareness of just how dreadful the loss is accompanied by intense pangs of grief. In this stage a grieving individuals may sleep badly and weep uncontrollably.
3) Panic - For some time a grieving person can feel in the grip of mental instability. They can find themselves wandering around aimlessly, forgetting things, and not being able to finish what they started. Physical symptoms also can appear -- tightness in the throat, heaviness in the chest, an empty feeling in the stomach, tiredness and fatigue, headaches, migraine headaches, gastric and bowel upsets.
4) Guilt - At this stage an individual can begin to feel guilty about failures to recognize the signs that they were being scammed; guilt over what happened or what didn't happen.
5) Hostility - Some individuals feel anger at their scammer and maybe anger at God. How could another human being have done this to us? How could God have allowed this to happen to me?
6)Inability to Resume Business-as-Usual Activities - the ability to concentrate on day-to-day activities may be severely limited. It is important to know and recognize that this is a normal phenomenon. A grieving person's entire being - emotional, physical and spiritual, is focused on the loss that just occurred. Grief is a 100% experience. No one does it at 50%.
7) Reconciliation of Grief - balance in life returns little by little, much like healing from a severe physical wound. There are no set time frames for healing. Each individual is different.
8) Hope - the sharp, ever present pain of grief will lessen and hope for a continued, yet different life emerges. Plans are made for the future and the individual is able to move forward in life with good feelings.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
5th May, 2007 - 6:18am / Post ID: #

Grief Stages

I'm surprised that there isn't any reference in that list to Denial. My friend had a "boyfriend" who scammed her, and deliberately from day one! But she wanted reassurance over and over that he "really did" somehow love or care for her, in spite of the fact that he was a con artist. I was completely blunt with her about it: he picked you from a crowd, he got close to you and your family and tried to use your religion to manipulate you. He took large sums of money from you. Does that smell anything like a rose? Nope. Smells like a rat, to me.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

> TOPIC: Stages Of Grief

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,