Silicone Injection Party

Silicone Injection Party - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 18th Mar, 2007 - 11:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2005 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Silicone Injection Party

San Diego death linked to silicone injection party

Reuters - A 45-year-old transgender woman who received illegal silicone injections at a party in a private home in San Diego has died after nearly a month on life support, the county medical examiner said on Monday.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ife_silicone_dc

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Jul, 2005 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Silicone Injection Party
A Friend

Party Injection Silicone

Everytime I think that nothing can shock me, something like this comes up on the news. Injection party? Pumping party? I truly will never understand the vanity in someone that will allow themselves to get pumped with silicone, directly into their bodies. Silicone has been known to cause problems when directly injected into the body for a number of years. The article says it was banned in 1992, but I believe the Japanese started seeing problems much earlier than that. I remember seeing a documentary showing that other countries had banned direct silicone injection in the late eighties and that the USA was actually late on the ban.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2005 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Silicone Injection Party
A Friend

Silicone Injection Party Health & Special Psychology

The silicone used at the parties is often industrial-grade material like floor sealant

WHAT? Materials like floor sealant?

I've heard of botox parties, and I believe those are easy to pull off because it's just an injection, it doesn't require general anesthesia. But I don't understand how they are doing silicone injections - are they just free pouring it into people's bodies? How does it form then? It seems like it would go all through their bodies and not settle correctly. I'm going to try to find out more about this.

What I don't accept is the fact that this article brings up issues relating to transgender individuals being humiliated at surgical clinics and they have to resort to things like this. Not so... just in watching the discovery channel, I've heard of clinics that cater exclusively to people in their situations that are completely private and confidential. I would not be willing to risk my life to have a procedure done by some fly-by-night physician (that credential should be completely removed from their name) in an unsafe manner, not with life saving equipment nearby. In my opinion, people that attempt something as dangerous as this should expect death.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2007 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Silicone Injection Party
A Friend

Party Injection Silicone

I'm sorry ReneeTpaUSA,

But I find your statement quite offensive and lacking in knowledge of the transgender community.

For starters almost 99% of all medical insurance company's do not cover anything for gender dysphoria.

It also seems that many people who watch a show on TV seem to all the sudden become the expert on TG issues. Well, the truth of the matter is that you will never understand what we deal with till you walk a mile in our shoes.

Many TG's come from broken homes, were molested and other horrible things. But, some of us have very productive lives in our communities around us.

As for the so called "clinics that cater exclusively to TG's" They have very strict guide lines as to whom will receive their services... Such as being unable to pay and so forth. Most of us have 9 to 5 jobs just like you. But for us, with insurance that dose not cover even our basic needs of HRT. It's not a cake walk for us, as so many like to put it. undecided.gif

Regards,
Coletta.

Reconcile Edited: ColettaKTS on 18th Mar, 2007 - 8:44pm

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2007 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

Silicone Injection Party
A Friend

Party Injection Silicone

Silicone Parties are a sad result of the lack of real medicare for seriously transgendered persons. I am restricted in what care in many ways:

1: My insurance only covers things that do not explicitly mention my gender identity issues.
2: I have Asperger's Syndrome, but many psychologists will claim that I cannot be AS and transsexual at the same time.
3: While I am obsessive about almost everything, I try not to be obsessive about my transition, but it is the obsessive people who get noticed.
4: I am expected to pay attention to the input from my doctor, from my therapist, and from my wife. I am expected to act like a relationship-oriented woman, than an independent guy in a dress.
5: I am continually told that I do not qualify under the Harry Benjamin Standards of Care for transgendered persons, because I am so non-standard, even though I have been full-time for almost two years.
6: I am nearing the end of the first decade for taking testosterone suppressors, and that is as long as it can be considered to be safe. I have a diagnosis from my therapist that, in my case, AS and testosterone do not go together well at all.

Despite all my problems, I am far better off than the average transwoman. I am able to go anywhere en femme, except to my wife's LDS ward house and stake center; however, I have mixed successfully at many LDS events.
My wife goes everywhere with me, without any exceptions.

Romana

Reconcile Edited: romana on 18th Mar, 2007 - 11:12pm

18th Mar, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Silicone Injection Party

Sorry guys, but the issue at hand is the danger of these parties performing these kind of procedures, can we safely state that it is indeed a very dangerous practice?

Coletta said:

For starters almost 99% of all medical insurance company's do not cover anything for gender dysphoria.

Maybe because it is not considered "medical"?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2007 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Silicone Injection Party

This Topic was created when there was no Substance Abuse Board. Now that it has been established it is moved to there.

Topic moved to Substance Abuse Board

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2007 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

Silicone Injection Party
A Friend

Silicone Injection Party Psychology Special & Health

Hi Romana,

Just a little info for you. The HBIGDA Standards of Care now permit physicians to prescribe hormones without a recommendation from a mental health professional for persons who are already taking hormones without medical supervision. Individuals who have been taking hormones from Internet pharmacies without supervision should consider using this opportunity to seek medically prescribed, medically supervised hormone therapy. Some clinics in major U.S. cities will prescribe under this so-called "harm reduction" model, as will some private practitioners. I myself as a trans woman feel this is a big step forward in the care for TG's, but we have much more to do before we can rest easy as you well know. It's a fact that many hospitals still regularly turn away TG's who need medical attention, but will do everything they can to save the life a gunman who has just killed a cop and was shot in response... Something is very wrong with this picture! Till the right wing conservatives stop labeling us as gay, perverted, or other wise mental we can look forward to more of this discrimination.

With warm regards,
Coletta. gorgeous.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Silicone Injection Party

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,