Another Community

Another Community - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 27th Dec, 2005 - 11:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th Dec, 2005 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Another Community

Another Community

If we were to start a brand new Community different from this one, what do you think it should be about? We already have one that caters for Spanish / English discussion and studies.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2005 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Another Community
A Friend

Community Another

I think a writing community would be awesome. Sort of like an author's forum where people can submit stories, poems, screen plays, etc. and have other authors critique them in a constructive way.

26th Dec, 2005 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Another Community Feedback & FAQ News Community

That is an interesting suggestion, but we already have that here. We have a writing, poetry and even a section for Medieval prose in the Board called, 'The Medieval Times. In all these Boards there can be critique.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2005 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Another Community
A Friend

Community Another

Yes, but most of the feedback here consists of "That was really good." I think it would be neat to have a forum/board that was there for the purpose of getting opinions from serious writers (not saying people here are not serious writers), about what could be done better and that sort of thing.

Hmmm....

It's hard to think of something that isn't covered by this board. We have about everything under the sun. smile.gif

26th Dec, 2005 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Community Another

I understand what you mean. I will seriously consider that if unique suggestions have not been obtained by the time I am ready, which is not far from the present.

27th Dec, 2005 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

Another Community

I'm not sure if this would be a large enough scale project to qualify for a new community or if it would be better to possibly be an additional thread here but...

As an artist, I like to draw mostly, I would like a place to scan in a picture and post it for honest feedback. I like to draw an object and then draw a picture around it so that it more gives life to the original object rather than to the surrounding. This is a very difficult task and everyone perceives images differently so feedback on an area such as this would be very nice.

I know there are downsides to this...

Hard drive space gets expensive when we talk about pictures. This would mean the posts would have to follow strict guidelines on picture/file size and type of file of course. This also means that since many people do not have the software to manipulate a picture for a certain pixel ratio and or compression or conversion of the picture there would have to be a lot of administrative work to publish these to posts (alternate e-mail submission form or something to that effect).

Just a thought.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Dec, 2005 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

Another Community

Bwren, it is a good concept, it is one I have seen used elsewhere too, but we have an Art Board here already. We ask that Members host their own images and link it here (it is allowed, two maximum per post). The uploading of images is available for Upgraded Members, I doubt we could ever make that a freebie for everyone because of the same things you mention. The text for this site measures around 130+ MB alone, images added to that would be mind blowing.

Offtopic but,
Bwren, I did not know you were an artist, I am surprised you have not tackled the Art & Modelling Board more.

> TOPIC: Another Community

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,