Hidden Codes In Hebrew Scriptures

Hidden Codes Hebrew Scriptures - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 25th Jul, 2005 - 5:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
20th Jul, 2005 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

A team at Hebrew University in Jerusalem reported remarkable findings of codes buried in the book of Genesis in 1988. Other researchers followed, claiming to find predictions in the ancient text of "the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin in 1995 to a Los Angeles earthquake in 2010." Some authors capitalized on these findings and published a series of best-selling religious books. Michael Drosnin's book "The Bible Code" reached the #3 spot on the New York Times best-seller list.  By 1999-OCT, 12 books had been written on the topic; all but two promoted the idea of hidden codes.

The actual truth about the Bible codes was finally revealed by statistical analysis: they do not just exist in the Pentateuch; they are found everywhere. ELS codes are found with approximately equal frequency in the Book of Genesis, the Qur'an, Tolstoy's "War and Peace," or in any sufficiently long text written in any language -- probably even in this web site which totals over 30 megabytes of text... 

https://www.religioustolerance.org/biblcode.htm

I find it very interesting how the Bible contained predictions of future events, though I tend to agree with the last paragraph of the article. When you look hard enough for explanations - you find them. The predictions were found in the text only after the crises already occurred because people were looking for them. But who knows, it may be true.

Here is a website of someone who posts reveals hidden codes and believes to have found evidence of UFO's

https://www.hiddencodes.com/

Sponsored Links:
21st Jul, 2005 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Scriptures Hebrew Codes Hidden

Very interesting topic. I have heard of these "codes" for a long time but I have never taken the time to study it. In the website that Smudge linked (although I think the guy is totally nuts) the owner reveals a new code: The Assassination of George W. Bush.

23rd Jul, 2005 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Hidden Codes In Hebrew Scriptures Judaism Studies

In the website that Smudge linked (although I think the guy is totally nuts)

Yeah, claiming that UFOs are the fallen angels is a bit of a stretch, but it seems like his books were very popular. He says in his websites that over 132 countries visit the site and over 3 million hits a month. His forum is pretty active, it seems like he does have a few followers.

Reconcile Edited: Smudge on 23rd Jul, 2005 - 2:43am

23rd Jul, 2005 - 4:23am / Post ID: #

The first Bible Code book by Michael Drosnin was really interesting and I enjoyed it very much. I still leaf through it occasionally. The second book he wrote, he goes off on some very weird tangents (like DNA being brought to the earth by aliens), and I wonder now if he's just another wacko.

The predictions were found in the text only after the crises already occurred
Actually, there were several found prior to the events, such as Rabin's assassination. The only thing lacking was the name of the assassin, which was found linked in previous matrices; they just didn't know the name to be able to see it beforehand.

In addition, the fact that *only* the Hebrew text could provide the details of the list of. was it 12? ... rabbis birth dates, death dates, full names, etc., leads me to believe that the ELS found in other texts is simply due to size. I really believe in the Bible Codes found in the Hebrew are there intentionally.

IMO
Roz

23rd Jul, 2005 - 4:47am / Post ID: #

Hmm, I didn't know that Rabin's assassination was found before the actual event.

In addition, the fact that *only* the Hebrew text could provide the details of the list of. was it 12? ... rabbis birth dates, death dates, full names, etc., leads me to believe that the ELS found in other texts is simply due to size. I really believe in the Bible Codes found in the Hebrew are there intentionally.

I don't know how reliable the source of that information is, but if it's true then indeed it seems that the bible is special in that sense. But why would that information be put there intentionally if didn't prevent the accidents it predicted? And what do birth rates and death rates of rabbis matter?

23rd Jul, 2005 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

Yes, in fact, the author Mr. Drosnin actually warned Rabin. The problem with the mathematical model currently in use is that it is only 2D, and should actually be 3D, from what I remember from the book. There seem to be aspects of the "predictions" or "foretelling" that aren't complete, and might be if they could figure out how to add that third dimension.

In addition, there is always the possibility/probability for changing the outcome of any prediction, just by knowing about it and changing behaviors.

what do birth rates and death rates of rabbis matter?
Not "rates" but "dates" of their births and deaths. These were not found in other texts.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jul, 2005 - 6:03am / Post ID: #

Hidden Codes Hebrew Scriptures

Yes, dates, sorry. But still, is it just a matter of documentation, or does it serve any purpose? The predictions could be handy, but even if it did tell who the murderer was to be, should he be jailed before committing the murder, like in Minority Report? No major government actions would be based on those predictions, in my opinion, even if they were proven to be right many times before.

25th Jul, 2005 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Hidden Codes Hebrew Scriptures Studies Judaism

I read some of the Bible Code, but I didn't find it all that believable personally. First of all, ancient Hebrew had no vowels. This is part of the reason translations are not exact from ancient Hebrew to English. So, when saying every 7 letters will be used to form a word or every 6 or every 5 or whatever anyone wants, seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Hidden Codes In Hebrew Scriptures

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,