Young Jew Fads

Young Jew Fads - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 25th Jul, 2005 - 6:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2005 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Young Jew Fads

YOUNG JEWS FIND ROOTS IN NEW PLACES
At ChosenCouture.com, T-shirts that say "You had me at Shalom" are for sale, along with "He'Brew" pint beer glasses.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C.50523%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jul, 2005 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

Fads Jew Young

I wonder if this is a good thing or not. To some extent it is attempting to show some pride in being Jewish, but it is done not as a religious identity, but more as a cultural identity. I see it as no different than me wearing a t-shirt that says "Kiss me I'm Irish."

25th Jul, 2005 - 6:22am / Post ID: #

Young Jew Fads Judaism Studies

To some extent it is attempting to show some pride in being Jewish, but it is done not as a religious identity, but more as a cultural identity. I see it as no different than me wearing a t-shirt that says "Kiss me I'm Irish."

I agree, Judaism is more of a culture than a religion to many people. All those stereotypes about Jewish people with long noses and types of behaviors, don't exist to that extent in other religions. In most cases, religion is just a system of belief, but here it's associated also with the culture the Jewish community has formed.

> TOPIC: Young Jew Fads

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,