Let Us Formulate A Plan

Let Formulate Plan - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Aug, 2005 - 4:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

I would like to stay in touch despite...
18th Aug, 2005 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Let Us Formulate A Plan

In the advent of global warfare, especially where communications are concerned should we think of a way of communicating or staying in touch? Could you imagine if we were being watched and everything became like an underground movement? Should we have code names and Emails? Should we start planning?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
21st Aug, 2005 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

Plan Formulate Let

When you say "we," are you talking about us as an online community? Or is that the rhetorical "we," as in individuals and their families?

It would be important to me to know the status of my online family/community here, in the event of a huge outbreak of war or disease. I'm all for having an emergency contact list.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

21st Aug, 2005 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Let Us Formulate A Plan History & Civil Business Politics

In saying 'we' it refers to those within the Community, however if you have a current plan established with other online people separated far from you physically then please do share.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

21st Aug, 2005 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Plan Formulate Let

No, I don't currently have a plan. I figure if a military scenario emerges, communications may be cut altogether because that's one of the main objectives of military tactics (in my view) is to disrupt communications and supply chains. I don't see the Internet or WWW surviving gobally. Perhaps in some local areas, with the infrastructure intact, may be able to communicate, but I really doubt the country-to-country contact.

However, I also believe in human ingenuity, and as you said in the lead post there may be an underground movement that would keep things moving. Code names? I don't know, I think my screen name is it smile.gif

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

21st Aug, 2005 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Plan Formulate Let

In the advent of war the internet will surely take a dive if satellites are targeted and phone companies hit. Other than that you would have to pretty much take out every ISP / server on the planet to shut down the net (not easy at all), however HAM Radio I believe is one way to go. I am actually an amateur license operator, but have not really done with it. I also passed my general exam, but never went on to do morse code, the global language.

> TOPIC: Let Us Formulate A Plan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,