Irish Republican Army - Page 2 of 4

I don't think this is the IRA that - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Mar, 2009 - 3:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
No more fighting
18th Sep, 2005 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army - Page 2

Belfast Finger Pointing

Violence has returned to Northern Ireland, and German editorialists say there is plenty of blame to go around for Belfast's Protestants, Catholics, and even Tony Blair.

https://service.spiegel.de/cache/internatio...,374484,00.html

Sometimes, I really don't like being right. I don't see how they can claim peace or disarmament, when not all the factions have agreed to it. Pray for peace.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 20th Sep, 2005 - 3:43am

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2006 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Army Republican Irish

BRITAIN WITHDRAWS CONTROVERSIAL IRA AMNESTY

British government is withdrawing a controversial amnesty plan for former IRA members who had been involved in violent attacks.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...land060111.html

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2006 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army History & Civil Business Politics

IRA NO LONGER OBSTACLE TO PEACE: IRISH, BRITISH GOVERNMENTS

The outlawed Irish Republican Army is observing its peace commitments and is not an obstacle to a revived Roman Catholic-Protestant administration for Northern Ireland, the British and Irish governments declared Tuesday in their most optimistic comments on the subject.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...d-optimism.html

8th Oct, 2006 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Army Republican Irish

For me, reading what others think of where I live is enlightening.

Belfast is a changed city since 1994 when the IRA first went on ceasefire mode. When the Loyalists followed suit, it totally transformed the political landscape, leading to where we are today. Things are still far from perfect, sectarian divisions abound, not only in Belfast but the rest of Northern Ireland. Those sorts of hurts will take a long time to heal.

At least, political talks are taking place, a new Northern Ireland is slowly emerging and it is one which definitely respects Irish culture as being very much a part of it. The days of a pro-British culture are gone, both cultures are being treated equally and also, the use of political violence to achieve political aims and objectives, that has been consigned to the dustbin of history as far as I can see.

The dissident factions of the IRA and various Loyalist groupings will simply never have the support of the communities. Compromise, dialogue and mutual understanding are the key, that is being carried out at the minute

"Jaw jaw is better than war war", Churchill said that, and it is as true today as it was when he said it

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2006 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #

Army Republican Irish

MAKE-OR-BREAK DEAL FOR IRISH PEACE

Britain and Ireland have announced they would present a take-it-or-leave-it plan to Northern Ireland's rival leaders spelling out how to resurrect a Catholic-Protestant administration as the province's peace deal intended.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/10/13...s.ap/index.html

8th Mar, 2009 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army

I wonder if we are seeing the IRA being awakened again?

QUOTE (BBC)
Northern Ireland Secretary Shaun Woodward has condemned the killings of two soldiers at an Army base as "an act of criminal barbarism".

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2009 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army - Page 2

Real IRA

A newspaper receives a claim of responsibility for the Northern Ireland army base killings from the Real IRA.Ref. BBC

9th Mar, 2009 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

Irish Republican Army Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

I don't think this is the IRA that signed the agreement. This is the "Real IRA", which has never agreed to put its weapons down. The only good thing is that they are a relatively small band of malcontents. They may show up a bit more from time to time with the poor economy.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Irish Republican Army

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,