Tear It Up

Tear Up - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2005 - 12:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st Jul, 2005 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Tear It Up

A missionary showed me this one. Basically, you will need paper and pencils to start. Start off by telling everyone that they should write something important that means a lot to them and more especially something that they will want their prosperity to know. After about five minutes collect all the papers and then start tearing them up.

You will get some quizzical faces or even angry words about it, but the purpose will be to let everyone know that when we set aside the scriptures we in essence do the same thing and the same feeling we had seeing our writing torn up is the same way the Lord may feel when we 'tear' up His Word.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2005 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

Up Tear

The same missionary also mentioned that the Prophets who wrote the Scriptures went through a lot of trials in order to do it and when we do not read them, it is somehow like a lack of respect for all the hard work they have done.

23rd Jul, 2005 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Tear It Up Studies Doctrine Mormon

That is an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing it. In fact, I am going to use this the next time I need to do the lesson for my FHE group that I attend at times.

23rd Jul, 2005 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Up Tear

Let us know how it goes, but do not give them too much time else they may become very sentimental about it, however it will be one of those things they never forget unlike last fortnight's Sunday School lesson wink.gif.

> TOPIC: Tear It Up

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,