Denmark vs Canada - Artic - Page 2 of 2

Canada plans claim that would include North - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Dec, 2013 - 1:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
versus Denmark means business!
7th Jan, 2007 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Denmark vs Canada - Artic - Page 2

Are you being sarcastic (not Constructive) or have these two countries really gone back to the original way of resolving conflicts (as was done using Chess in Europe)?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2007 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Denmark vs Canada - Artic
A Friend

Artic Canada Denmark

Yes, I was being scarastic because it is viewed as a tempest in a teapot but it is anything but and before you move to judgment take at step back and examine at the responses that preceded my last in the context of your last statement. Lighten up!

Canada has historically maintained that pack ice is a sovereign extension of our territory and as the Innu peoples have traditionally hunted on it. The melting /disappearance of the Arctic pack ice is seen as an opportunity to nations such as the U.S. to unilaterally contend that these waters are open international waters and they can travel through them as they please, as evidenced by the Manhattan (1969) and the Polar Sea (1985). There is a greater demand in the eastern seaboard of the U.S. for energy and the U.S. have always looked at the Northwest Passage to decrease the cost of shipping oil. The Exxon Valdez (1989) still resonates regarding the environmental damage, efficacy of clean up technology and the good will of the oil companies as this matter is still in court.

7th Jan, 2007 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Denmark vs Canada - Artic History & Civil Business Politics

QUOTE (CharlesR)
Lighten up!

spock.gif Excuse me? I have examined the responses, I do not see anywhere where I was taking this lightly, I even mentioned that it is something much bigger than it seems, of which you did the same when you said:

...it is viewed as a tempest in a teapot but it is anything but...

This is a Constructive Community, where every Post is supposed to be a worthwhile read. If I am going to come to a Thread where the User posts a reply like:

I think that they have agreed to resolve it with a hockey game. Look at that, we win AGAIN!

Then I have just seen that I wasted my time. Or perhaps you thought I was being sarcastic in my question earlier? No, naive no, showing you up, yes.

Rather off topic, but...
Such posts are usually deleted, but I thought I would curb the sarcasm trend, please see our Constructive Posting Policy.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2007 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Artic Canada Denmark

DANISH MINISTER SCOFFS AT CANADIAN, RUSSIAN EFFORTS TO CLAIM ARCTIC

Denmark's science minister has dismissed moves by Russia and Canada to assert sovereignty over the Arctic, saying flag planting and political visits will not settle territorial claims in the potentially resource-rich region.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...overeignty.html

4th Jan, 2008 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Artic Canada Denmark

A summer joke?? That Russian devil is planting thought seeds with that flag and you bet JB this is serious. Who knows what unknown vast horde of oil or gas lies in that region. With oil crises predicted to occur in the next 40 or so years this land could be the next Saudi Arabia in the oil world. My only question will the States back us or try to lay claim to some of it also.

I think the UN needs to mediate and resolve this a quickly as possible to prevent any further issues along with any other questionable boundaries in this and the southern antarctic regions.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 18th May, 2008 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

Denmark vs Canada - Artic

For more Information about Danish Politics please see the Denmark Index.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2009 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Denmark Canada Artic - Page 2

Canada in Arctic show of strength

Canada is launching a "sovereignty" exercise in the Arctic to show a visible presence in the resource-rich area. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2013 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Denmark Canada Artic Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Canada plans claim that would include North Pole:

Canada plans to make a claim to the North Pole in an effort to assert its sovereignty in the resource-rich Arctic, the country's foreign affairs minister said Monday. Ref. Source 9

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Denmark vs Canada - Artic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,