Which Country?

Which Country - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 7th Nov, 2005 - 5:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

6th Aug, 2005 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Which Country?

Which country do you think seems to have the best art pieces throughout history up until the present? Now before you only consider Italian paintings... keep in mind sculptures, the works of Aztecs, Chinese, Egyptians, etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2005 - 6:30am / Post ID: #

Which Country?
A Friend

Country Which

I tend to lean towards the likes of chinese and japanese art because it tends to tell a story. Most art that has been in the last 2000 years are just a stand alone piece for all to admire. But older art, especially far eastern art tends to tell a story or legend about the people of the day. The egyptian art also told a good story of the time. Aztec are told stories but many are not decipherable anymore.

5th Sep, 2005 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Which Country? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

In ancient history I will go with Greco Art and for modern times I believe the USA has really shown some great stuff in their illustrations and graphic artists.

7th Nov, 2005 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Country Which

I am taking an art history class right now that spans from the ancient to the Gothic, and I am just LOVING it. I would have to say my favorite art from what we are learning about in that class so far(we are up to early Christian) is Greek, it is so interesting to see it evolve...Although the Etruscan and Roman art come close. I also like the organic shapes of the Minoans. As for the more contemporary...I like impressionism. I think

I believe Postmodern art in many cases stretches the concept of art (despite the fact that there is no true definition), but I also love the idea of art that persuades people to see and feel things in a different way from what they are used to. Getting out of our comfort zone is what this life is all about, right? biggrin.gif

> TOPIC: Which Country?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,