Your Pencil Art

Your Pencil Art - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 9th Feb, 2006 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
6th Aug, 2005 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

Your Pencil Art

How well can you draw with a pencil? Are you limited to stick figures or can you make shades, textures and images appear real on paper?

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2005 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Art Pencil Your

When I was little I drew girls with pencil that had hourglass bodies - or in other words, their bodies literally looked like and 'X' with lines drawn across the top and bottom. Then I added a head with curly hair that took up the remaining 90% of the page, and was covered in numerous bows. I have improved since then, thanks to my magnificent teachers. However, most of the time I prefer charcoal, nupastel or ink over pencil, at least for a finished drawing. My favorite thing to draw is people, I've always wanted to draw or paint portraits, especially of my family, but I am only starting to learn.

Wouldn't that be a neat gift to give or receive - a drawing or painting of someone or of their family (provided the artist had some ability, of course)?

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2006 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Your Pencil Art
A Friend

Your Pencil Art UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I mentioned before that I'm in the process of launching a fantasy art site, so please forgive the fact that everything below has wings!

Ugh. I sketch out a drawing. I have a very hard time doing sleek lines, so my drawings come out light and wispy. I literally ink over the curves and edges that I like, and then erase. (Shown below!) I have copies made, enlargments made... I fiddle with colors, trace, and somehow it turns out as a relatively decent faery mixed media drawing-painting...Like I said, ugh!

I'm posting links because I just took a couple of snapshots of recent works-in-progress, and I have absolutely no idea how to shrink photos.

Amy

Dream
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/PGGirl/000_1766.jpg
Courage
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/PGGirl/000_1767.jpg
Dancer I
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/PGGirl/000_1762.jpg

6th Feb, 2006 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Art Pencil Your

Those are good Amy, do you like the stucco effect or have you ever tried shading? As for me, I love pencil art above all else... for one thing it is much easier to handle lead in wood as a medium than any of the others like acrylic for instance. You can always erase an area and start over, but you really cannot do much with acrylic as an example. My biggest love is the fact that you can be dead accurate with a pencil and thus it allows incredible detail. I am able to work with faces, bodies, landscapes and technical art or which I am rather fond since at one time I had a strong desire to be an architect.

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2006 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Your Pencil Art
A Friend

Art Pencil Your

Thanks so much, but I know I'm not exceptionally talented...in any medium. Luckily, I've recently given up "exceptionally talented" for fun, whimsical, me!

Anyway, I used to love using pencils because they ARE exact...I've really only recently fell in love with them, though. I went to an art supply store and bought sketching pencils...Actual sketching pencils, not classic Number 2 pencils, (Which, oh my gosh, make so much difference! I feel like an idiot now!) in the hardest lead I could find...Are they B4? I don't know. But now my sketches have no smears, smudges, nothing! The lines are so fine and perfect..

Oh, it's so silly to be happy about a pencil, but I am!

Amy

7th Feb, 2006 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

Your Pencil Art

I also remember when I selected my first real art pencil... it made a world of difference as you described. After that, using an HB pencil felt the same as using a cheap BIC pen rather than a fine Parker.

Another element we can bring up here is color pencils which is much harder to maneuver on paper than black lead.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2006 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Your Pencil Art
A Friend

Your Pencil Art

On the note of colored pencils, I recently began investing in Prismacolors. However, one of my favorite things to do is to just journey to a local shopping center and purchase inexpensive art materials...Crayons, colored pencils, glitters. True, for original artwork, these mediums aren't the best to use because they are only student grade. However, a lot of the work I do, I turn into prints, so it's O.K. I love knowing that I'm making my living as an artist with the same materials that I began with back in grade school! (Silly, I know!) I also think it's really fun to see people's reactions to a print...This is so colorful! This is so wonderful!...when it really was relatively simple...and like I said, inexpensive!...to create!

Amy

9th Feb, 2006 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Your Pencil Art Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Amy, I am interested in seeing some of your work in color! Also, if anyone has anything they have done in colored pencil available to share, I am interested in seeing that as well. I really hadn't realized that so much could be done with colored pencils, they always seemed more for children, but I'm finding that really isn't the case! In one of my art classes my teacher showed us a bunch of examples (from when he taught high school) of high school student works done in colored pencil, and some of them were quite good. I've never really took the time to discover what colored pencil can do. But I hear that prismacolor is the way to go. Now I'd kinda like to try creating a colored pencil work of my own!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Your Pencil Art

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,