Joseph: A Nashville Tribute To The Prophet

Joseph Nashville Tribute Prophet - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2007 - 5:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2005 - 10:10am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Joseph: A Nashville Tribute To The Prophet

A COUNTRY TRIBUTE TO JOSEPH SMITH

Fifteen years in the making, "Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet," has been a labor of love from start to finish. Love of country music, love and appreciation for musicians who have shared their talents, and above all, love for "the men and women upon whose shoulders The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was built," according to Jason Deere, one of the driving forces behind the project.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...55391%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
15th Aug, 2005 - 4:58am / Post ID: #

Prophet To Tribute Nashville Joseph

I haven't heard the album, so I can't directly comment on the music. However, it is good that people are taking a less stodgy approach to appreciating the life of the Prophet, and the gospel in general. Janice Kapp Perry is not the only acceptable form of LDS music. Country music has been quite underused in Church culture as a way to express our faith. Of course it's not for sacrament meeting, but it's a great outlet for some musicians to share their faith.

8th Oct, 2007 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

Joseph: A Nashville Tribute To The Prophet Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (howe6079 @ 14-Aug 05, 8:58 PM)
I haven't heard the album, so I can't directly comment on the music.

I have and we actually wore out the first copy of it! In my opinion it is probably my favorite LDS CD I have. I literally cried the first couple times I listened to it, not only one song but because many on that CD touched my spirit and taught me about Joseph Smith and especially his love for Hyrum.

There is a little narrative before each song, if I remember correctly most, if not all, are quotes from journals. I would recommend it even if you don't like country music per se--just the lyrics are worth buying it for!

> TOPIC: Joseph: A Nashville Tribute To The Prophet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,