Japan World War 2

Japan World War 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Mar, 2017 - 1:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Japan World War 2 Should they be made to pay now? WW II
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2005 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

Japan World War 2

Do you feel that after so many years Japan should now be made to compensate countries they once fought against?

international QUOTE
During the 1930s, the military established almost complete control over the government.

Many political enemies were assassinated, and communists persecuted. Indoctrination and censorship in education and media were further intensified. Navy and army officers soon occupied most of the important offices, including the one of the prime minister.

Already earlier, Japan followed the example of Western nations and forced China into unequal economical and political treaties. Furthermore, Japan's influence over Manchuria had been steadily growing since the end of the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-05. When the Chinese Nationalists began to seriously challenge Japan's position in Manchuria in 1931, the Kwantung Army (Japanese armed forces in Manchuria) occupied Manchuria. In the following year, "Manchukuo" was declared an independent state, controlled by the Kwantung Army through a puppet government. In the same year, the Japanese air force bombarded Shanghai in order to protect Japanese residents from anti Japanese movements.
Read More: Source 3

Japanese PM Apologizes for Past Invasions

AP - Japan's leader apologized for Tokyo's wartime colonization and invasions on the 60th anniversary of the country's surrender on Monday, after other Asian nations marked event by honoring their dead and demanding compensation for their losses.
Ref. Source

Japan World War 2
Japan World War 2 (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 8:39am / Post ID: #

Japan World War 2
A Friend

War World Japan

If Japan was going to be forced to pay, it should have been at the time of the end of the War. It is to late in my opinion to try and enforce payment on them. It is a different government with a new generation of people that had nothing to do with the past of Japan. They have obviously learned better and haven't tried it again. In fact, they have become a vital part of the world economy. But in reality, they have already paid dearly, with human civilian lives. The atomic assault on Japan to end the war killed more civilians in one sweep than ever before. That should count for something.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2006 - 4:42am / Post ID: #

Japan World War 2
A Friend

Japan World War 2 History & Civil Business Politics

In my opinion:

I don't believe Japan should have to pay financially. I understand that in Japanese schools the history of their atrocities is either glossed over or not even mentioned, unlike Germany. I don't see how you can force a nation to tell its children what happened but letting them pay with money changes nothing. I guess with the internet and everything I'm sure they find out about the atrocities but I wonder how the average Japanese feels about this subject. Any citizens of Japan out there?

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2009 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

War World Japan

1945: Japan signs unconditional surrender

TODAY IN HISTORY: Japanese officials sign the act of unconditional surrender, finally bringing to an end six years of world war. Ref. Source 9

8th Dec, 2016 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

War World Japan

Does anyone know if the Japanese had the same racial discrimination against other races as the Nazis did during world war two?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2016 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Japan World War 2
A Friend

Japan World War 2

Um well isn't this going to be controversial.
Ok, so if the United States is forced to pay for "Atrocities" both internal and external. (You know of which I speak). They continue to pay other countries debts and loans while they go under. Not being reimbursed for the protection, training or defense of other countries under "Watch" loosing American lives and billions of dollars, YES, it is about time they start being the "Big Brother" of everyone else and start saying "My turn"
Talk about being to late and another generation still paying for things that happened, that no one from that time is still alive from. Look at America…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Mar, 2017 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Japan World War 2

Even though the Germans were considered to be harsh against the Jews I think if anyone looks at what the Japanese did to the Chinese and others was horrific. Was it really necessary to be so brutal?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Japan World War 2
A Friend

Japan World War 2 Politics Business Civil & History

Of course it wasn't necessary. They hated the Chinese. Human rights were the furthest thing from their mind at the time though. Once someone launches an offensive war it's all relative then. Even fighting by the rules it is horrific what happens.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Japan World War 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,