End Of The Pinochet Era

End Pinochet Era - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Dec, 2006 - 11:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Civilian control restored
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2005 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

End Of The Pinochet Era

CHILE REFORMS PINOCHET-ERA SYSTEM

Congress on Tuesday amended the constitution written by the former dictatorship of Gen. Augusto Pinochet, effectively restoring full civilian authority over the nation's military, a step seen as strongly strengthening Chile's democracy.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/08/1...n.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
29th Aug, 2005 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

Era Pinochet The End

I find this decision has been taken a bit too late...nevertheless I applaud the effort of wanting such change. Pinochet has been a monster in every sense of the word and one of the most evil dictators and responsible for the killing of thousands of people.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 24th Nov, 2005 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

End Of The Pinochet Era History & Civil Business Politics

PINOCHET INDICTED ON TAX-EVASION CHARGES

Former Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet has been indicted and placed under house arrest on charges of tax evasion and corruption.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...chet051123.html

24th Nov, 2005 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Era Pinochet The End

Non-sense! The guy is a murderer and the house arrest is a joke and insult to the family of the victims. The guy is already on a wheelchair which means he cannot move around on his own, therefore, I see that this house arrest is not going to affect him at all. Shame.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

26th Nov, 2005 - 10:08am / Post ID: #

Era Pinochet The End

As you mentioned earlier LDS, Pinochet should have been dealt with a long time ago. The fact that he is wheelchair bound and has been allowed to live to an old age is a disgrace.

In my opinion this is a good example of why we need an International criminal court. To make sure monsters like Pinochet are dealt with when a nation's judicial system is too corrupt to put him away.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2006 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

End Of The Pinochet Era

CHILE'S TOP COURT RULES PINOCHET HAS NO IMMUNITY

The Supreme Court on Friday upheld a lower court's ruling stripping Gen. Augusto Pinochet of his legal immunity, a step that clears the way for the former dictator to be tried in the kidnapping and disappearance of 37 dissidents under his long regime.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/04/...g.ap/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Dec, 2006 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

End The Pinochet Era

Breaking News

Military hospital in Chile says former dictator Augusto Pinochet has died, The Associated Press reports.

10th Dec, 2006 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

End The Pinochet Era Politics Business Civil & History

I'm sorry but nothing has been lost. The guy was one of the worst and cold-blooded dictators in Latin-America, he did not feel sorry for the people he killed, who should feel sorry that he is dead now?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: End Of The Pinochet Era

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,