Homosexuality And Catholic Priests

Homosexuality Catholic Priests - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 9th Jun, 2006 - 1:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Aug, 2005 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

I have noticed many cases of Catholic Priests involve in sexual intimacy with people of their own sex even when they were working full time in their clerigal responsibilities. I read today a case of an Argentine Bishop who resigned after being filmed having sex with a 23 years old male. Before doing that, he met with all his priests and ask forgiveness for "affecting badly the Church".

Do you think is just a coincidence or there are an important number of Catholic Priests doing these kind of things?.

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Priests Catholic Homosexuality

I think that it is a serious problem in the Catholic church that has yet to be addressed. Morally, I find no problem with homosexuality. But Catholic priest are held up to a high standard of morality since they are supposed to be able to go to God on your behalf for your sins. If you are being held to a certain moral standard and you fail to uphold it then its a problem, especially if its public. As an institution that is supposed to speak for God, the Catholic church has not done nearly enough to stop priest from both having sex outside of marriage and in some cases molesting young boys. The issue of sexual depravity as defined by the christian code of morality appears to the public and unreligious that it is not being addressed and is running wild. That is a serious problem.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2005 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Homosexuality And Catholic Priests Catholicism Studies

Catholic Church's policy on gays isn't enlightened

I sang at my dad's funeral, too, with his barbershop chorus. The song was Be Not Afraid. For one person in the church that dark day, the song was filled with irony. The priest who said the Mass was under scrutiny for sexual abuse allegations. Not long after the funeral, he was gone. There is no question that Pope Benedict XVI has a big mess on his hands. People are calling it a sex abuse scandal, but let's be honest - it's about abuse of power.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20051130/...isntenlightened

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2005 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Vatican Bans Most Homosexuals From Catholic Seminaries

Homosexual advocacy groups are expressing disappointment, but not surprise, at a Vatican document that orders Catholic seminaries to exclude would-be priests who practice or endorse homosexuality.

"The church, while deeply respecting the people in question, cannot admit to the seminary and the sacred orders those who practice homosexuality, present deeply rooted homosexual tendencies or support so-called gay culture," said the document approved by Pope Benedict XVI.
2nd Dec, 2005 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Well, the Catholic Church is trying very hard to avoid any more scandals with their Priests although I am not quiet sure if this is going to help much. There are many Priests within the Catholic Church who are not only homosexuals but there are others who are child predators. What about all those who may not be so honest about their feelings and may hide their true colors?.

9th Jun, 2006 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

I was not really aware of the extent of the homosexual priest problem when I joined the Catholic church. Add that to the fact that Catholic priests were very vocal about the illegal alien problem in the United States telling the world we should let them in and let them stay. My attitude toward the church has changed. Who are they to cover up their homosexuality and tell us what our laws should be concerning aliens? It has watered down my belief in the Catholic church and certainly left me indignant! The people in each church must believe it's not happening in their church, so they continue to go. If it were not for my wife and wanting to be with her I doubt I would darken a church door again.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 9th Jun, 2006 - 1:26am

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Homosexuality And Catholic Priests

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,