Has This Day Come?

Has Day Come - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Aug, 2005 - 4:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3 Nephi 16:10
18th Jul, 2005 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Has This Day Come?

3 Nephi 16:10

And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.

In the day the Gentiles reject the Gospel the Lord says He will take away the Gospel from them. I am wondering if this has not already happened? Has there been any signs of a 'recall'? It seems like right now that the Church is trying to get in everywhere despite opposition. There have been a few islands in the Caribbean that have been 'closed', because the people rejected it, but now they have opened back up. Are we to interpret this verse loosely or will their be a grand 'recall' of the preaching of the Word?

Sponsored Links:
24th Aug, 2005 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Come Day Has

I think (and this is completely personal opinion) that the Church will continue to try desparately to get into any place that will allow it until the leaders of the world have become so corrupt that they hold the gospel in contempt, and the voice of the people generally chooses wickedness to such an extent that the division between the Church and the world is so wide that very few if any will convert. Those who are righteous will be gathered, because they will not be able to remain among the wicked. Whether they are all gathered to one place, or whether they will be gathered to the temples in their parts of the world, it doesn't really matter. They will be gathered, separated from the world, and prepared, while the world ripens in iniquity, preparatory to the Second Coming.

25th Aug, 2005 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Has This Day Come? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Isn't the gospel supposed to "fill the whole earth" before the tribulations begin? Once it touches every nation, then the destruction begins in earnest -- at least, that's how I understand it. So until every nation has at least allowed the church to have a presence there, we're still biding time until "that day" comes.

--- 64 For, verily, the sound must go forth from this place into all the world, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth-the gospel must be preached unto every creature, with signs following them that believe.
65 And behold the Son of Man cometh. Amen. (D&C 58:64-65)

---- 37 And this gospel shall be preached unto every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people.(D&C 133:37)

---- 9 That through your administration they may receive the word, and through their administration the word may go forth unto the ends of the earth, unto the Gentiles first, and then, behold, and lo, they shall turn unto the Jews.
10 And then cometh the day when the arm of the Lord shall be revealed in power in convincing the nations, the heathen nations, the house of Joseph, of the gospel of their salvation. (D&C 90:9-10)

25th Aug, 2005 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

Come Day Has

I don't think we have reached the point in which the gospel has been taken from the Gentiles. I feel that we are drawing closer to this time. The gospel is being taught in many places throughout the world but I think there are key stages of missionary work in which the bulk of things will be done.

I also used to think the gospel had to fill the whole earth before the tribulations begin such as FarSeer mentioned. However, I now think differently. I believe we are much closer to having the tribulations begin then we think. The gospel will fill the whole earth, but not before things start to go crazy.

This is how I understand how the missionary work is supposed to go forth. There are different periods of missionary work. I am quoting off the top of my head here but this is what I remember from some of the books I have read:

1-Gospel to Gentiles
2-Gospel to Israel
3-Gospel to heathen nations

- The gospel is preached to the Gentiles during the period of prepatory wars.

- After the gospel has been taken from among the Gentiles, the gospel will be brought to Israel. (this is when all things go to pot - Beginning of "wars of great destruction"). I think the Missionaries will be called home due to the extreme war's going on worldwide.

- The 144,000 will minister to Israel and bring as many as will come to the church.

- The Battle of Armageddon is a tool to bring the heathen nations to the knowledge of the Lord. We know from D&C 45:54 that many counted among the "Heathen Nations" will not hear the Gospel until after Christ comes down and "sets his foot upon this mount"

"And then shall the heathen nations be redeemed, and they that knew no law shall have part in the first resurrection; and it shall be tolerable for them."

So if you put the missionary work in that perspective, I feel we are very close and the ball is rolling. The signs that we are approaching fulfillment of the times of the gentiles is all around us.

25th Aug, 2005 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Come Day Has

O.K. When I read that scripture I see it entirely differently. To me, it seems more a prophecy of what was to happen in the early days of the Church when the apostacy came. The Gospel was taken from the earth at that time. Those Christians weren't all Jews, many were Gentile.

> TOPIC: Has This Day Come?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,