Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 

We are talking about the boxed version here
24th Aug, 2005 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Risk The Board Game

Risk

When were you first exposed to the board game 'Risk'? Do you find it an exciting game in real time with people or do you prefer online / PC versions? Do you still have your boxed set?

Sponsored Links:
24th Aug, 2005 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Game Board Risk

My first exposure to Risk was on my mission. We spent many a preparation day playing Risk. I have also played it a few times online. Having played both ways, my preference is to play the board version in real time with people. I think it adds more excitement to the game and helps with the anticipation. There is just something about rolling "real" dice that you don't get when playing online. I believe I still have my box set of Risk packed away somewhere. It's been a few years since I last played, but it is still a favorite of mine.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2005 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Risk The Board Game
A Friend

Risk The Board Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

I love risk almost as much as Axis and Allies. It goes a lot faster than Axis and Allies and is a lot more simple. The game is placed purely on luck of the roll and the placement of one's troops. The game, for me, is a lot more fun to play with friends or other people that may seem like a challenge. I own my own board game version of it with little figures instead of the blocks. Heres a basic tip for beginners. If you have one or more territory in australia, take it and defend. The easies places to take and hold are Australia and South America.

25th Aug, 2005 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Game Board Risk

I used to play this game a lot when I was in my teens and 20's. I think I also played it with my son when he was in his teens. I haven't played in years!

I have never played an on-line or PC version so I can't compare.

7th May, 2008 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Game Board Risk

Those of you who love the Board game RISK will be happy to know that we have the online version available again!

Risk The Board Game
Risk The Board Game (Hover)

7th May, 2008 - 9:21am / Post ID: #

Risk The Board Game

I used to love to play this game. I started playing when I was seven years old. On rainy days, all of us kids would play. The thing that always used to get me was that everyone would quit if it started looking bad for them. They never wanted to finish the game out. Never the less, as time has gone on, I have gotten into other games of world conquest like Risk...

Rather off topic, but...
Civ IV is a great game of world conquest. It has military action, culture and city building, diplomacy, as well as a nice walk through history.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th May, 2008 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

Risk Board Game

I've played the board version of RISK a very few times. In my growing up time, things like Axis and Allies had just come out and override the small square pieces that was in RISK. However, RISK seems to of survived and became something close to a 'monopoly' for these types of games. Probably it can be said that RISK led the way for a lot of other strategy games we play today.

Rather off topic, but...
Vincenzo: Interested in taking me on in a game of online RISK? If so, do check the sticky Threads within this Board for details.

7th May, 2008 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Risk Board Game Board Card & RPG Reviews

Never played this on line but wiling to give it a go. We played more card type games then board games growing up. Likely because of my dad who loved cards and was good at it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Risk The Board Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,