What Do Americans Know? - Page 2 of 2

Many Americans know a whole lot more than - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2010 - 2:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Nothing?
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2008 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

What Do Americans Know? - Page 2

Name: Helper

Comments: Today, Its a new World because of Technology, Science,Medicine etc. And it may seem like America is falling behind. But realistically I don't think so,I just think the World is moving at such a fast pace we can't keep up with all thats happening. America is the leading Innovator,Don't Underestimate Her....Beware! She can Kick Butts too! Ask the Middle East...Helper

Sponsored Links:
7th Apr, 2008 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Know Americans What

I don't know everything of course, but I think I know enough to not make me look like a total idiot, and if I don't know something I just keep my mouth shut.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 169 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 16.9%

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2009 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

What Do Americans Know?
A Friend

What Do Americans Know? History & Civil Business Politics

I think that the rest of the world thinks of Americans as all having one mindset. But that is just not the case. We Americans come from such varied backgrounds and cultures. However the rest of the world only see us as New York City or Hollywood. But we as Americans do the same for others. An example being the French. We have many stereotypes against the French that in all reality, only apply to people in Paris. Americans have been so successful on the past 3 centuries because our people think in such different ways that we are able to approach a problem and find a solution that a more homogenous country could not conceive due to cultural restrictions or philisophical limitations.

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2009 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Know Americans What

"The trouble with most folks isn't so much their ignorance, as knowing so many things that ain't so." : Josh Billings - [Henry Wheeler Shaw] (1818-1885) American humorist and lecturer

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2010 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Know Americans What

America fails the Founders quiz

Glenn came across a shocking poll today that shows Americans have no clue when it comes to America. Obviously everyone can forget dates and occasionally confuse which event happened first and so on. But how essential do people feel basic rights guaranteed in the Constitution, like gun rights, are? Even if you are expecting a horrifying answer, you will still be horrified at the answer. Find out where America stands. Ref. Source 5

Post Date: 5th May, 2010 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

What Do Americans Know?

Battling indoctrination

Americans have lost focus and priority when it comes to teaching our children and it's evidenced by what our kids don't know. Would your child be able to last more than a day if left to fend for themselves? Do they know how to grow food? Could they figure out directions without Google? This month's Fusion magazine is dedicated to giving our kids the knowledge they really need, without all the PC coddling that cripples their development. Find out how to read Fusion Ref. Source 8

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th May, 2010 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

What Americans Know - Page 2

Many Americans know a whole lot more than people would give them credit for. However we have almost no ability to do anything about it. The people with the power are corrupt and they are not just going to give it up.

For example: Bush claims Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. We find out they in fact never had any, after he bypassed congress declaring war. The list goes on and on but Bush has not been tried for any war crimes. Still we sit in Iraq trying to "clean up" the place. When Bush's administration did everything in its power to make the country unstable.

If you look at VietNam we are repeating that same war. If you listen to almost anyone from that era they talk about how much they protested the war and how they tried to make sure it was never forgotten. Not even 50 years later we are in the same exact war. What can we do really, Americans have no power really over the government it would seem, even if they are educated.

international QUOTE
So, it is easier to be an isolationist or to be a bit more self-aware and less others-aware.

This is another good point, much of America is not connected with the mainstream. Being little communities who have a limited view on the topics America faces.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 5th May, 2010 - 2:20am

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Do Americans Know?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,