Nun Holding Condom - Page 2 of 2

Firstly, that ad was extremely wrong... there - Page 2 - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 7th Aug, 2006 - 4:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2006 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Nun Holding Condom
A Friend

Nun Holding Condom - Page 2

Firstly, that ad was extremely wrong... there is a line between humour and disrespect.

As for the secondary issue: The church has its reasons for not condoning condom usage. I am certain that the Cardinal was disciplined for making that statement.

If a couple has waited for marriage and are faithful to each other in marriage, then what need is there for condom usage to stop the spread of disease to each other?

Also, the failure rate of condoms for prevention of pregnancy and/or STD's is abysmal at best - you wouldn't fly on an airline with that failure rate.

Last but not least - countries like Uganda which have embraced abstinence education instead of condoms since 1986 have actually managed to turn their AIDS rate around, to become the African country with the lowest rate of spread. (See https://www.avert.org/aidsuganda.htm)

All statistical evidence shows that condom usage only makes the problem worse, not better - since people feel freer to sleep around with a false sense of security. Added to that, diseases like HPV and chlamydia are spread by skin-to-skin contact which cannot be stopped by condoms unless you were wearing a full latex bodysuit, well... I think you can see my point.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Nun Holding Condom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,