Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota Vikings - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Jan, 2014 - 4:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
American Football Matt Birk “no Pain, No Gain”
25th Aug, 2005 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Minnesota Vikings

international QUOTE
"MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings center Matt Birk will try to play through the pain of a torn labrum in his hip this season if the team guarantees the Pro Bowler's contract for 2006, the player's agent said Wednesday night."
Source

For some reason, when I first read this it screamed prenuptial agree to me. Even though they are nowhere near related, it just felt like the same type of attitude was being portrayed. I suppose a $4 million salary for the 2006 season is worth fighting for. Not sure it is a good deal for the Minnesota Vikings though. If I were Birk, I think I would have the surgery and sit out for the three months, rather then risk the whole 2006 season by possibly causing more injury. If Birk is taking pain shots in order to play, it might be a good idea to get the thing fixed!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 7:06am / Post ID: #

Minnesota Vikings
A Friend

Vikings Minnesota

A guarantee form the team is only warranted if he will guarantee playing for the year. He can say he is going to play through the pain, but that could lead to a worse injury that he cannot play through. Bottom line is he cant guarantee playing time this year, none the less 2006. What happens if he "plays through the pain" first game of the year and get injured much worse and cant walk? The team is then out of luck and he has the money.

29th Jan, 2006 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

Minnesota Vikings Sports & Fashion Music Movies

The burning question on every Viking fan's mind here in Minnesota is whether Daunte Culpepper will ever be the same after he tore all 3 ligaments in his knee mid 2005. That, coupled with the excellent play from Brad Johnson, means there will be a QB controversy brewing once training camp opens. Culpepper may not even be ready for training camp 2006, and could miss the first few games of the season. Will Johnson be around and try to be the started for the entire season? Will Culpepper be around? Will the Viking's new head coach go in a totally different direction? More to come!

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2006 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Minnesota Vikings
A Friend

Vikings Minnesota

Wow, I didn't realize that he torn all three ligaments in his knee. I thought it was just one or part of two. Coming back from all three is going to be tough. According to ESPN.com he is most likely going to miss training camp as you suspected. I don't see him ever being the same, even when he comes back, I doubt he will be the same mobile quarterback he was.

30th Jan, 2006 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Vikings Minnesota

Yeah, it was all 3. No one has ever come back to professional football after having torn all 3 like he did. Some have made it back to baseball, which is a different type of sport altogether. The Vikings front office and coaching staff will have a real dilemma on their hands with trying to figure out if they stick with Daunte, or maybe shop around, or draft someone, or stay with Johnson. And that's only the QB situation!

8th Mar, 2006 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Minnesota Vikings

I just saw a news flash across ESPN stating that MN QB Daunte Culpepper has asked the team to terminate his contract if they don't trade him. I guess his intentions are clearer now, huh? My opinion is he won't get anywhere close to the money he would have received in MN, but on the other hand, I respect him for not wanting to put up with all the BS that engulfs the Vikings like a plague. I don't know if it's because I live here, but it just seems the Vikings just get themselves deeper and deeper into trouble and controversy. As a fellow UCF alumni, I hope Daunte finds himself a good team where he can be appreciated and find success.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Oct, 2012 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Minnesota Vikings

Man oh man did you see how Donald Penn hit Jared Allen of the vikings in the nose? He got a bloody face over it.

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2014 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

Minnesota Vikings Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Zimmer served as defensive coordinator for three different teams since 2000, most recently the Cincinnati Bengals from 2008 through 2013. This will be his first NFL head coaching job. Ref. USAToday

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Minnesota Vikings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,