SapphireNada Introduction

Sapphirenada Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 31st Aug, 2005 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2005 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am very interested in roleplay gaming (not the computer-based RPG such as Lineage for example, because I find them dull and without a deeper meaning) because through it you can be another person, travel in different worlds, meet new people, and live your own adventure. It somehow reminds me of reading fiction books.

I am not very experienced in roleplaying, although I've played a couple of times with a group of friends (that was two years ago, DnD) and I've now summoned a couple of friends that I'm about to DM. That takes a lot of preparation, though, since I want to make a really unique adventure, with puzzles, much NPC interaction and knowledge-based playing etc. (It's about the 7 deadly sins, I've got to create the demons of the sins and make a setting where the adventurers will have to make moral decisions etc). I'm not working with any "Adventure books" since I find them too shallow.

I hope I will find here same-minded people that prefer to play like real characters and not just single-minded barbarians that do nothing else than kill and gain XP etc.

About me-work: I've just finished school and I'm heading to London for a Social Anthropology decree. I like reading in general, am interested in folk traditions of people, folk art and religion. I like traveling and I'm hoping to enroll in anthropological fieldwork in the future.

I don't know if what I've wrote is sufficient.. Also, if you could please excuse me for any language akwardness since English is not my native language..

Nice to meet you all,
SapphireOfNada undecided.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2005 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Introduction SapphireNada

Welcome Ta Ye Ole' Forum!

So, Ye be seeking Adventure eh? Understand this Villager... Many a brave lad and las have come here in times past seeking adventure, but they were never up to the task at hand which be to post 30, yes sir, I repeat 30 constructive messages and have an activity rating of 75% or more. They have a tendency to quit long before they met the honorable requirements. This be what separates the peasants from the warriors. Wilt thou also run like a coward or be as the brave that stay to fight yet another day?

Now meh advice would be this... have a quickie read of 'What is Good Posting!' and then start to make thy postings. If ye still have questions AFTER reading the FAQ Board then ask them WITHIN this thread. This place has MANY features to help ye find what thou art looking for, but if ye cannot handle the serious adventure here then feel free to delete thy account.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2005 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,030
Flag Posts: 51,687
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,588.73 FP
Charm: 394

SapphireNada Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

SapphireNada Welcome to you. That was an excellent introduction and we are especially glad to have someone representing Greece here. You will find the RPGs to your liking indeed. I would love to have you tell us more about your country in the Travel and Culture Boards. I do hope you will be an active participant. All the best.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2005 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Welcome to the Forum, SapphireNada! We're glad to have you join us. Please do explore our RPG boards and familiarize yourself with how things work by reading the FAQs and Help and all that. We welcome your participation here, and look forward to your posts.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2005 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thank you for the welcome, Trinidad and Farseer.

I just wanted to mention that until I go to London (late September) it's difficult for me to find a pc to get into the site and post, so, anyone who reads this message, don't be offended if I don't reply in a message etc...

Thank you again and have a nice day! smile.gif

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2005 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

Me
Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 445
Flag Posts: 552
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.1%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 19

Welcome to the forum SapphireNada!

I can't believe I missed your intro! Nice one by the way.

I'm glad you are interested in RPG. We welcome the participation of imaginative players. If you want to play here though, you have to read, understand and follow the rules stated by Knight. The most important thing is to be active and to post constructively (I see you already started to do so; keep it up). After 30 posts you may request the RPGer status, but remember to keep your activity rate over 75% (meaning about 3 posts a day). This will show that you are a serious gamer. If you explore a bit, you'll see how huge this forum is and you can get those 30 posts in no time.

Feel free to ask your questions within this thread, but only after you read the FAQ section.

I hope you'll have a great time posting here. Enjoy the forum!

Raul

PS: Come and post any time you want! We'll be here wink.gif .

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Democrat
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 20th Apr, 2005 - 7:47pm
Signature: life's a journey, not a destination - s. tyler
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2005 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + G.I. Jane
[?] CPosts: 3,057
Flag Posts: 4,267
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 14.7%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 183

Welcome to the forum. I see you have already begun posting in the boards. Please do take the time to read the threads on constructive posts, though, if you haven't already. You can find it by clicking on the link provided in knight's post.

I look forward to RPGing with you.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Sep, 2003 - 11:45am
Signature: Tena is a very important person, let no one forget that

> TOPIC: SapphireNada Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,