Doctrine & Covenants

Doctrine Covenants - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 28th Nov, 2005 - 8:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Lesson #34
28th Aug, 2005 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Doctrine & Covenants

Faith in Every Foot Step

Consider the trials of the pioneers and the difficulties that they went through, have you ever thought if you would be able to do it? Now before you answer consider the following:

1. You may loose one or more members of your family
2. You may be raped if you are a woman or buffeted and tarred if you are a man
3. You will loose most if not all your possessions
4. You will have to walk for thousands of miles through rough terrain
5. It will be bitterly cold
6. You may not even make it

Now you can answer, but also consider...

A. How long have you been without food
B. The longest you have been in the cold
C. Have you ever been involved in something that was causing you to loose loved ones and still stuck with it
D. Have you ever lost all or sold all your possessions

When we ask these questions we can gain a greater perspective of what it means to have 'Faith in Every Foot Step'.

Sponsored Links:
28th Aug, 2005 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Covenants and Doctrine

have you ever thought if you would be able to do it?

I thought about it many times and every time I experience hardships in life that thought comes to my mind. There is no way I could do it. I am a very weak person, and reading all the things the pioneers went through I can honestly say that I know I would not have been able to do it. I believe the pioneers were special spirits before coming to this Earth to accomplish such a great task.

28th Aug, 2005 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine & Covenants Studies Doctrine Mormon

No. I don't think I could do it. Does that mean I am not as good a person as they were. I don't think this is necessarily true. Times were much different then to begin with. Life was much more difficult in general than it is now.

I don't mean to minimize what the early saints suffered. It was horrible. It took great faith to remain steadfast in the face of such persecution. However, the cold and the loss of property, and the shortage of food...to me that isn't what was most difficult. I think those are things many suffered regularly in this country at the time. However, the brutality that was directed towards them...to me, that is what was most horrific and could have been avoided if they chose to turn their back on their beliefs.

It is amazing what they were willing to suffer without forsaking their beliefs. It was also true of the early Christians.

What I do realize is we never really know what it is we are capable of until we are faced with it. So, I think I couldn't endure, but who knows, but maybe I would. I do know I hope I never am tested to that limit.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Doctrine & Covenants
A Friend

Covenants and Doctrine

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 28-Aug 05, 6:52 AM)
Faith in Every Foot Step

Consider the trials of the pioneers and the difficulties that they went through, have you ever thought if you would be able to do it? Now before you answer consider the following:

1. You may loose one or more members of your family
2. You may be raped if you are a woman or buffeted and tarred if you are a man
3. You will loose most if not all your possessions
4. You will have to walk for thousands of miles through rough terrain
5. It will be bitterly cold
6. You may not even make it

Now you can answer, but also consider...

A. How long have you been without food
B. The longest you have been in the cold
C. Have you ever been involved in something that was causing you to loose loved ones and still stuck with it
D. Have you ever lost all or sold all your possessions

When we ask these questions we can gain a greater perspective of what it means to have 'Faith in Every Foot Step'.

have you ever thought if you would be able to do it?

I have thought of this often and I believe that I would be willing to do what the early pioneers were called to do at the drop of a hat, but as to whether I would be able to endure....I'm not so sure. Going without food wouldn't be a problem for me neither would loosing all my possessions, but to lose one of my children is unbearable even to think about.
I have so much love and admiration for those early Saints.
I agree that they were very special spirits chosen to be on the earth at that time just as we are choice spirits here now, able to endure the trials and tribulations of this day and age.
We often feel that we are unable to cope or endure certain things but when we are actually faced with them with no alternative but to go on we find our inner strength and with the Lords help we can accomplish any thing.

> TOPIC: Doctrine & Covenants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,