Methods Of Secrecy

Methods Secrecy - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Apr, 2006 - 9:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Sep, 2005 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Methods Of Secrecy

It seems like the Prophet always had to be hiding something from his enemies in order to keep it in tact / sacred / safe. In some cases it was the gold plates, manuscripts, people and locations. Consider this one method used to keep the Bible translations in a secret place. Check link for pic:

https://cfac.byu.edu/valbrinkerhoff/12josep...source/114.html

Sponsored Links:
9th Apr, 2006 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Secrecy Methods

That's true. And it's funny, because the suspicious or anti's seem to use that against us - saying that we have all these secrets, why hide things unless we are ashamed, etc. There are probably even some members who, when they find out "secrets" or things that they didn't know about the Church that aren't widely publicized, they kind of wonder/doubt too - at least at fist. I imagine it would be hard if you grew up a member and were never told about polygamy to find out through alternate means.

But there are reasons for thing to be secret or not talked about too much. Polygamy just makes non-members upset. Sacred information if open to the world would be defiled. Sacred objects could be stolen or used improperly. And the list could go on.

Offtopic but,
I was not able to access the link - it asked me for a byu password or something.

> TOPIC: Methods Of Secrecy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,